DRONE CRASHES - New sub-page on website travelwithdrone

Reaction score
We present,new platform designed for the presentation of drones disasters movies.
Many UAV pilots have technical problems with their aircrafts.
We hope that many of you, as a viewers and as a drone owners, will think, which drone is best to buy and best in usage.

http://travelwithdrone.com/drone-crashes-2/

Drone-Crashes.jpg

We look forward to your videos along with a description.

We ask UAV pilots for the accurate description of problem and detailed description, with the attached film.
Please send videos with the same way like a movies from the map, in the title please to give a word ”Disaster”

ExtraKim said:
Well HOW does this supposed to be something positive for the multirotor owners? A site with crashes is just stupid.
You would rather search YouTube for drone crashes?
Personally I would like to see a single source of data, though most of them will be "It crashed- don't know why". But when there are a few hundred drone crashes posted with analysis, two things could happen. The data could reveal a pattern of causage and, with a few hundred crashes without a single report of serious injury or property damage to someone not participating in the flight, maybe some people might stop calling these aircraft dangerous.
So, how is this site supposed to be bad?

ExtraKim said:
Well HOW does this supposed to be something positive for the multirotor owners? A site with crashes is just stupid.
Well, not really. With discussion as to what went wrong and how to prevent it happening to you just may help some people. The visual of a violent crash just may make some fly better.

SteveMann said:
ExtraKim said:
You would rather search YouTube for drone crashes?
Personally I would like to see a single source of data, though most of them will be "It crashed- don't know why". But when there are a few hundred drone crashes posted with analysis, two things could happen. The data could reveal a pattern of causage and, with a few hundred crashes without a single report of serious injury or property damage to someone not participating in the flight, maybe some people might stop calling these aircraft dangerous.
So, how is this site supposed to be bad?

Thank you, SteveMann
That's exactly why this subpage have been created. :D

And Thanks Happyflyer for your positive opinion! :)

We respect your point of view, ExtraKim :cry:

Well your page will be a source for people that want´s to ban multirotors, "-Just look here on this site, several hundreds of people crashing these things all of the time! They are dangerous !" and so on... I understand the though behind the site, but I don´t think that it will be a possitive thing when the "drone haters" use it against us owners.
That´s my thoughts about this.

ExtraKim said:
.......................I understand the though behind the site, but I don´t think that it will be a possitive thing when the "drone haters" use it against us owners.
That´s my thoughts about this.

So it may be, we do not say otherwise.
In contrast, if the falling aircraft,people stop flying?
Is the aircraft crashes, that the ICAO prohibits flight?

My experience is that A LOT of americans just got nuts when you start talking about multirotors. They are ignorant and just hate multirotors without having any facts about them.

ExtraKim said:
My experience is that A LOT of americans just got nuts when you start talking about multirotors. They are ignorant and just hate multirotors without having any facts about them.

That's weird.... Living in America I don't find that true at all.

I started asking on cruise critic (a Cruise ship forum) about taking my Phantom on a cruise and people just got insain, making threats abour shoting it down and so on...

When I´m reading on different forums, a lot of americans just seem to hate the multirotors. You can find a lot of threads even in this forum about how multirotor owner have had bad experiences from people when they have been flying. It would be nice if I´m wrong, but I won´t risk flying in Fort Lauderdale when I get there in two weeks. My Phantom stays in the backpack until I´m in the caribbean.

ExtraKim said:
I started asking on cruise critic (a Cruise ship forum) about taking my Phantom on a cruise and people just got insain, making threats abour shoting it down and so on...

When I´m reading on different forums, a lot of americans just seem to hate the multirotors. You can find a lot of threads even in this forum about how multirotor owner have had bad experiences from people when they have been flying. It would be nice if I´m wrong, but I won´t risk flying in Fort Lauderdale when I get there in two weeks. My Phantom stays in the backpack until I´m in the caribbean.

Haha ok... Well your loss then I guess. I have found more people say it's cool and ask questions... Not once has anyone threatened to shoot it down.

Look... There are idiots everywhere... But perpetuating stereotypes is more annoying to me than the occasional misinformed tourist.

You can fly in S. Fla no problem.

My City Comission voted in the affirmative expressly permitting flying from all city parks.

But there are going to be restrictions for public safety so it must be done so safely.

That to me seems to be the source of the 'hate' people (pilots) feel expressed towards them or MRs... the need for safety.

I've never had a problem with anyone and my quad but then again I have flown 450-500 size electric CP helis in my neighborhood since '06 so I guess my neighbors just see the Phantom as another one of N017RW's 'toys'.

N017RW said:
You can fly in S. Fla no problem.

My City Comission voted in the affirmative expressly permitting flying from all city parks.

But there are going to be restrictions for public safety so it must be done so safely.

That to me seems to be the source of the 'hate' people (pilots) feel expressed towards them or MRs... the need for safety.

I've never had a problem with anyone and my quad but then again I have flown 450-500 size electric CP helis in my neighborhood since '06 so I guess my neighbors just see the Phantom as another one of N017RW's 'toys'.

Same here,,, people are used to me flying... The other thing is, I try to be respectful... And if I see someone I don't know I'll ask if it's bothering them. I agree most people's fear is based on lack of knowledge.

It might be that mostly the negative reports/people are the one that are expressed and the people not having a problem with the multirotors aren't making the same impact in media/on the web. Might be a case of "empty vessels make most noise".

In Sweden I have never had any bad experience during my flights, on the other hand I always try to avoid flying near people. Sometimes that´s near impossible since people get curious.

ExtraKim said:
It might be that mostly the negative reports/people are the one that are expressed and the people not having a problem with the multirotors aren't making the same impact in media/on the web. Might be a case of "empty vessels make most noise".

In Sweden I have never had any bad experience during my flights, on the other hand I always try to avoid flying near people. Sometimes that´s near impossible since people get curious.

Yeah same here... People who hear the word drone and take it poorly assume you can be sitting in your office flying these things into their back yard... I don't think they realize that they aren't the same things we're flying off of navy ships etc... Anyway... Now that I said all this... Some jerk will probably prove me wrong lol ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl