Drone crash

Reaction score
Hello, I've just experienced a failure of my drone. This is the story:
I was casually flying my drone with the litchi app on iOS which I bought just today, after losing signal it went into RTH, then I started to see the drone coming back, and litchi displayed that it was in RTH, but then I don't see my drone's light anymore and it had disconnected from litchi and my controller. After 30 seconds, I realised the drone had just crashed from 100 metres (300 feet) of height, so I turned on find my drone, which displayed that the drone had died over a river, but luckily, I found it lying on a bunch of small rocks. This was my second flight today with the litchi app, and I am surprised this has just happened, it was clear from any obstacles. So I guess it was the drone fault, not mine. I have only 2 conclusions to what happened: either it hit a bird or the battery popped out mid-air. So, I'm asking for help, this is the litchi's flight log: . Can somebody find what was the real problem with this crash? Unluckily the SD card vanished, I have searched for it for 30 minutes, but it was dark, and it was in the rocks, so I just gave up. The drone's condition: 1) the gimbal yaw is stuck 2) when turning on the drone, it boots up, but nothing more: the lights don't come on, and the fan doesn't seem to spin. 3) it has some minor scratches and dents, which can be easily fixed. 4) the 2 front motors seem to be damaged, because when I try to turn them, they just turn hard, not freely.

after losing signal it went into RTH, then I started to see the drone coming back, and litchi displayed that it was in RTH
It was indeed in RTH, however with this Limited data set ( Unfortunately Litchi does not report as much information as GO does) there is really no way to determine what happened. Nothing looks unusual in the log data. What you will need to do is extract the aircraft .dat file for much better information. If you are not familiar with the process see the link below. Once you have the data you will need to upload that to a sharable site such as dropbox, google drive, etc... and place a link back here to the uploaded file. Unfortunately this is the only way get additional data that may provide the answer.

Retrieve Aircraft .DAT

It was indeed in RTH, however with this Limited data set ( Unfortunately Litchi does not report as much information as GO does) there is really no way to determine what happened. Nothing looks unusual in the log data. What you will need to do is extract the aircraft .dat file for much better information. If you are not familiar with the process see the link below. Once you have the data you will need to upload that to a sharable site such as dropbox, google drive, etc... and place a link back here to the uploaded file. Unfortunately this is the only way get additional data that may provide the answer.

Retrieve Aircraft .DAT
Like I said in the post, the drone doesn't boot up properly, nor does it connect to my controller. :(

Like I said in the post, the drone doesn't boot up properly, nor does it connect to my controller.
That being said, you will most likely be taking the aircraft apart for repairs, assuming you will be doing this yourself, you can remove the aircrafts internal SD card that contains the flight data and try to get the .dat files that way. However, I will say that since the aircraft appears to have shut down instantaneously, the data file may be corrupt, being that power was lost before the data was written to the card. If that is the case, you will truly never know. As I said, there is no indication of any issue at all in the device log.

Reactions: AirisR
After the last update of litchi on IOS the transmission channels are possible to choose now, i saw your log from the flight and your signal score was only 14, you need to choose channel 1 at 2.4 ghz, i had the same issuies like you, conection dropping allot for 1 seconds etc, after choosing channel 1 and 2.4 ghz i have 100% of signal score.

Be carefull next time and choose the channel 1 2.4 ghz, you will loose conection only at 1.5 km +- in good terrain with no wi-fi interferences.

First of all, I'm very sorry that your drone has crashed. Furthermore, I can only advise you to stay away from the vicinity of a harbor the next time. I have often found that the port frequencies are disturbing the signal of a drone.

First of all, I'm very sorry that your drone has crashed. Furthermore, I can only advise you to stay away from the vicinity of a harbor the next time. I have often found that the port frequencies are disturbing the signal of a drone.
You see, I have flown there a lot of times with no problems, of cource other people have flown their drones in the same place with no problems. I suspect that it was the battery's fault.

For now, thank all of you for trying to help me, I have already sold everything that I could, and I have determined that it was either the battery's fault or it hit a bird. Either way, I'm going to be saving up for a Mavic Pro. That's about it, happy holidays everyone. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart