Drone Blamed for Prison Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Seems a bit far fetched...would have to be a pretty strong drone to deliver BOLT CUTTERs.... Also this location is on the DJI NO FLY ZONE MAP

Prison officials believe two-time escapee used drone in latest jail break

wgqdf.jpg

Doesn't sound too far fetched. Mini bolt cutters are under 1 pound. As for the logistics and expense of pulling this off: when the guy was busted shortly after the escape, he had t$47,000 in cash and two guns -- so he obviously had access to resources.

The headline says wire cutters, not bolt cutters. He could have used anything to cut wire, a leatherman tool or even a pair of small pliers which usually have a cutter at the base of the jaw. As far as being in a DJI no-fly zone, there are plenty of other manufacturers out there without such built-in imposed restrictions. It was also said in the article "They have to land for you to get the contraband off of them, "They can't drop it like a bomb." That is definitely not true, a 10-second search on YouTube proves that false.

Reactions: cfd701
Fugitive probably watched this video while he was in the pokey --- even shows how to cut thru a razor wire fence LOL

I think what's more impressive is that he had $47,000 in cash only 2 days after escaping. He's either a really good bank robber --- or he got a sugar mama or rich Daddy on the outside :D

Last edited:
The thing about these stories involving drones dropping off contraband in prisons just amazes me. How in the world could guards not notice a drone flying into the prison? Somehow I think they need to tighten up their security a bit. It's not like we have stealth drones.

The thing about these stories involving drones dropping off contraband in prisons just amazes me. How in the world could guards not notice a drone flying into the prison? Somehow I think they need to tighten up their security a bit. It's not like we have stealth drones.
That's why one corrections officer has already been fired. This guy had help. I can't see any other way to get out and have $47K, weapons, and phones.

I think you have to open up your imagination a little bit. Does a drone only have to deliver goods to a prison yard during daylight hours and hovering under 100 ft. where it's easily seen by guards? Why cant someone hover a Phantom over a prison at 3am at 1200 ft. altitude with the LED lights blacked off with electrical tape for the ultimate "stealth mode"? Like the article said --- guys in prison have nothing to do but lie in their bunks and think of all the little details on how to pull off a great escape or how to get contraband items delivered by drone.

That's why one corrections officer has already been fired. This guy had help. I can't see any other way to get out and have $47K, weapons, and phones.

This dude had really good connections on the outside if he had $47K cash and guns less than 48 hrs. after breaking out. Seems kinda dumb he couldnt make it to Mexico with that kind of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18