Drone Base

Again your opinion with a lot of inaccuracies. The originator of this thread asked about experiences with Drone Base, I gave mine and could give a rats if you believe it or not!

I've been doing contract work for years and have ran several businesses so please spare me the whine. This is a legit business. Capitalism sucks at times. I have a 50 foot crying towel for you.
yes the OP wanted opinions and i gave mine . since you've been in business you know full well you can't make it work at $15.a job . i can't help it if you're willing to work for peanuts and if you ran it as a business you would go broke fast . doing it under the table for beer money is not a business . doing it ligit having all the insurance paying all the taxes on that money earned and expenses you would have to have several business's to make it . just speaking the truth about drone base and how they work . to each his own . but i do call BS when and where i see it . so go cry to someone you gives a ****

yes the OP wanted opinions and i gave mine . since you've been in business you know full well you can't make it work at $15.a job . i can't help it if you're willing to work for peanuts and if you ran it as a business you would go broke fast . doing it under the table for beer money is not a business . doing it ligit having all the insurance paying all the taxes on that money earned and expenses you would have to have several business's to make it . just speaking the truth about drone base and how they work . to each his own . but i do call BS when and where i see it . so go cry to someone you gives a XXXX

You're the one crying, not me. I just extended the length of YOUR crying towel another 10 feet.

I've completed 20 pano missions and have been paid on 15 of them. I live around a lot of houses so i can complete 10 jobs in less than a few square miles and takes about 2 hours to complete those 10 jobs. Its great if you feel like flying but don't really have anything specific to shoot. I haven't been approached for any client missions though unfortunately, I've seen they pay upwards of $300. I would definitely recommend trying it out though. Hope this helps.

Man your salty AF about this whole thread. I dont get why you keep bashing people for making money doing something they love. I just genuinely enjoy flying my P4 and if i can make ANY money doing it thats a plus. Your probably a really hard person to get along with...good day.

Amazing how both of us who probably live in different parts of the country can come up with the same inputs but be told we are BSing by someone who not only has half**** info about this but assumes way too much about each of us. I guess life could still be frustrating even though you own a $1200 drone.

Good luck Bones! - I'm done here.

Reactions: b0nes8604
Ihaven

I haven't bashed anyone . I have spoke out against drone base . I'm stating fact . so please tell me anything that i got wrong . if you want to take the risk and fly your drone for peanuts fine but pushing drone base as a good thing for people as any kind of business is a joke . My time is worth more then beer money along with my 1200 drone and other expenses . IF it makes you feel good do it . but to think it will lead to anything substantial is ludicrous.

As far as bashing people you just make it seem like were idiots for flying our drone for $25 or $30.
Know one said there trying to get rich off drone base. I just simply stated if you can get paid to do something you love how can that be a bad thing...? weather its $25 or $50 somethings better than nothing. I fly all the time for fun and put my drone at the same risk, so if theres money involved I only see a PLUS. And yes the facts you stated are true, but not everyone is scared to fly there drone for "peanuts"

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
Amazing how both of us who probably live in different parts of the country can come up with the same inputs but be told we are BSing by someone who not only has half@ssed info about this but assumes way too much about each of us. I guess life could still be frustrating even though you own a $1200 drone.

Good luck Bones! - I'm done here.

Me too bro...talking to this guy is like talking to a wall. He reiterates his same points in every reply.

you boys enjoy your flying . I for one will not promote a business that clearly is out to use people and there equipment . To the OP you can read drone base fine print and make up your own mind . It's clear the boys on here just push this for there own gain . there are lowlifes in just about every walk of life doing what they can do take advantage of people . I'm sure mostt anybody that flys some drone base missions will not do so for long and drone base will be a thing of the past before long . . . there are scammers everywhere

Reactions: Gulfstream
you boys enjoy your flying . I for one will not promote a business that clearly is out to use people and there equipment . To the OP you can read drone base fine print and make up your own mind . It's clear the boys on here just push this for there own gain . there are lowlifes in just about every walk of life doing what they can do take advantage of people . I'm sure mostt anybody that flys some drone base missions will not do so for long and drone base will be a thing of the past before long . . . there are scammers everywhere
You have stated your opinion now no more in this from
you on this .
Thank You for your input .

I have been flying missions for a Drone Base for exactly a month. I guess I live in a great part of the country. I have opened my own business, but have found it a little challenging to break into the insurance inspection field. These guys have partnered up with Eagle View doing a nationwide rollout partnered with Allstate.
Currently, I have grabbed 10 client missions this month and earned $1,100 after Saturday's flights are complete. This in turn has helped me get my foot in the door with some local mom and pop insurance companies, because I now have the experience and knowledge of what the shots need to be.
The only complaint I have about them is that you have to always be watching for the Client jobs, and grab them ASAP before someone else does. They don't "assign" them, and it's first come-first serve.

They also pay really fast. Usually it has been no more than a couple hours after upload then another notification advising of payment. They use a service called Qwil to ACH to your account.
Also, they give good feedback on your shots. I have not had to reshoot anything I have taken, and their manuals with examples and flight director personnel are very easy to talk with.

Here's some of how it's been for me

a0f5fd2d1601ac247c9dc8896d6cc25b.jpg

This is the ones I gotta do tomorrow and Saturday

Then this is kinda the overview of what's possible

a7342e5e5e34bbfccde317992cf4fe5f.jpg

So...probably depends on where you live and how often their companies they work with need services.

Been pretty steady here.

$444.00 Last month for me, I love doing work for them. The Client missions are hard to come by in my area, they get snatched up pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Off topic:
Hey for those doing dronebase work and doing pano missions have you seen a decline in MLS pano postings in the last couple weeks in your areas? All remaining residential listings in my area are aging and new listings are not showing. Anyone else seeing this or have any info?

Thread topic:
I've been doing dronebase work for about a month and a half and can average 4 pano's an hour including travel time. I use litchi for the pano and complete the shoot in about 7 minutes. My sell rate average in pano's is 45% Which works out making about $30 an hour for my time invested. I've done a couple client missions and as others stated the payout is fairly quick. As for the roof inspection jobs, I've missed accepting the ones offered unfortunately. You have to check often or someone will accept before you. You will not replace your income working for dronebase but it's a good supplemental income while building experience and flight time.

I think the more you get your feet wet with DB the more likely you'll make connections in various industries that can pan out to higher payouts, allowing you to find a niche in your particular territory. It's good experience, regardless of the payout. Think of DB as a stepping stone. You don't make "The Big Time" overnight, it takes hard work and persistence. There's nothing wrong with hard work, sometimes with low pay, and earning your way to the top with experience and video/photo examples to show prospective clients, going forward.

If you desire to start a business beyond beer money, find a cheap way to make yourself a website. I make my own websites, but not everyone can do that. Use the clips you take for DB in your website as examples to show prospects later, after 6mos. I'm sure DB won't mind, although their paperwork might say otherwise. Or, make duplicate flights, one video for you, one for DB. But I think if the clips are old, nobody should care. Those clips can help you sell your services, assuming they're good clips, smooth and cinematic, with good lighting, etc. You need a website to show prospective clients you know how to fly and shoot at the same time.

Later on, as you get really good and competent at flying, you can consider photogrammetry, or 3D imagery. With that you can get into some very high payouts, if you find the right connections and industries.

Last edited:
Reactions: anotherlab
Off topic:
Hey for those doing dronebase work and doing pano missions have you seen a decline in MLS pano postings in the last couple weeks in your areas? All remaining residential listings in my area are aging and new listings are not showing. Anyone else seeing this or have any info?
I've noticed that too although there is a lot of commercial shots available in my area that were put up in early June. It seems they've slowed down or maybe have a backlog since July 4th.

I just started using the app... seems pretty legit and there's TONS of commercial panos in my area. Pardon my ignorance but my question is what is stopping people from finding the building for sale then just contacting the realtor directly?

@FLYBOYJ
@Miltrez

Reactions: hunterxero
I just started using the app... seems pretty legit and there's TONS of commercial panos in my area. Pardon my ignorance but my question is what is stopping people from finding the building for sale then just contacting the realtor directly?

@FLYBOYJ
@Miltrez

Hi jlazz,

It seems that Dronebase solicits the people selling or managing the property and they show interest in utilizing the service. I guess based on that is how the property is listed on the "map."

@FLYBOYJ
@Miltrez
Nothing stops you from doing that, however you'll likely find it's a waste of time for both parties.

When you get paid for a specific pano, that's when you contact the realtor (assuming there's a realtor sign at the property) and introduce yourself as the pilot that provided their aerial photos for that address. You become more relevant with this kind of intro.

Last edited:

@FLYBOYJ
@Miltrez
\
Nothing stops you from going out and contacting the realtor on your own . why wouldn't anyone who wants to make a biz out of drone footage meet all the realtor's in their area and do the shoots on there own . why the middle man ??? that's my problem with dronebase . if you're going get in the biz start off right and do it on your own . that way the agents know you personally and you develop the personal relationships that it takes to make it work . anyone with half a brain can see this .

Reactions: jlazz447
@Immavrick @John Locke

Both good points... it's definitely all about building that relationship

They're legit, I shot 4 panos a week ago and they all sold. I had a problem with the site when trying to upload so I emailed them on a Saturday and Nick from dronebase emailed back so fast it was incredible. Then fixed the problem pronto! I plan on doing more when I have time and hope to bag some client missions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3