Dreaded stress crack

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Have tons of flawless flights under my belt and not so much of a hard landing but have gotten the stress crack on the motor support. There are tons of threads I know. My question is I am just over a year and wondering if anyone has had luck in similar circumstances. Thanks

When the issue first came out, I started re checking my motor screws for being over tight.
I backed the them off a bit and I have had no crack problems. My Phantoms have well over 50 flights each and my P3P and my P3A have had zero cracks. My P4, Nothing yet. Only got about 25 flights on it so far.

image.png
I have at least 200 flights on her. Just filled out a warranty form and they asked me to send in. But also said to check warranty guidlines and says frame has no warranty

Yeah they fixed mine. They have been pretty good about repairing cracked shells

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Update... Just sent it back for warranty. Dji said most limely they will cover it. Should I reinforce the new frame or has the problem been corrected?

The replacement bodies crack as well. I would reinforce it. I think it is the type of plastic used on the P2 and P3, probably why they changed it on the P4.

Just did some searching. Never thought to get reinforcments. Never had a problem til now. I was one of the first to get the P3. Question would you get plastic or cnc metal ones? 25 bucks vs 8 is not a big difference

UAV Bits has the best, and the most proven.
Not a fan of the metal ones, if they get bent they stay bent and increase stress. Plastic ones spring back into shape.
And the carbon fiber ones are the stiffest and the lightest.

Quick question. I've read/heard about this issue and am a fairly new owner, only 2 weeks in with 8 or 9 flights. I haven't noticed anything obvious yet, so should I be concerned and look into one of these reinforcement plates, or let it be?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing