Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Download the pics/video from sd card to phone

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Drone-Outlaw, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Drone-Outlaw

OK, I have tried everything to get the pics/video from sd card to my cell.
    1. I have the 1.0.32 App loaded on my iphone4s.
    2.when I go to the "ALBUM" Page I get the following message for video"Video format not supported" ?????????
    3. Also get thid one "Download failed DJI00023.mp4" ????????
    4.I tried only 1 pic @ a time with every single photo setting used for photo
    5. Did same with video settings?????????
    Any suggestions on what I'm missing or is it my phone, I have the recent updates installed (firmware??)
    Thx,
    MOOSE

2. Richhealth

Are you looking in the album within the vision app, or the normal album on your iPhone? When used an iPhone 4, if I recall correctly, my downloads went to both albums. Perhaps an update since I last used an iPhone has made them go to only one of those albums?

Rich

3. jimre

I'm guessing you shot your video in 1080i60? Interlaced video - any speed - is not supported by Apple iOS devices. This is not just a Phantom thing. Even iTunes can't transfer interlaced video files to the phone. Even if you could transfer an interlaced video file, it wouldn't play. Unlike flat-screen TVs, iPhones and iPads can't play interlaced video - they have no de-interlacing engine.

You'll have to download any 1080i60 files to a computer using a card-reader, and then convert them to 1080p30 before they can play on an iPhone. I think 1080p30 is generally the best HD format to choose on your P2V camera.

Virtually every device, computer, or TV has a progressive-only display today anyway. In my opinion, there's no reason to ever shoot 1080i60 (interlaced video) with your Phantom - UNLESS you specifically plan to do slow-motion special effects later in your video-editing software by slowing it down. Or you plan to show your video on a circa-1999 tube-style HDTV set :)

4. FPV col

Thanks jimre this answers a question I was going to ask regarding 1080p30 now no need ;)

5. joseglezr

any program to convert it on mac?