Double green double red lights.

Reaction score
Something odd.
After booting up the bird and in GPS mode having a homeposition with 6 sats you get, green and one red led flashing.
As soon it gets in the air it alternates between green, red then double green double red and its going anywhere it wants.
The double red i can understand its less then 6 sats but is the double green meaning that it can't get a position lock ?
Its odd, never had something like that and i abandoned flight before it began.
Reseted and after warming up, same issue.

I had this light combo yesterday as well. I did not have any loss of control however. I was wondering what the 2 rapid green then rapid red was as well

After 2h i tried again and had 7/8 sats, no issue's.
When firing up the bird it gave ones 2 green, let it hover and all fine.
Then after 3 min it went to one red and then 2 red for a short time.
I couldn't see the app due to the sun and i was concentrating on the bird.
I also watched the sat app on the tablet and sats were really jumping around.
I know that someone can disturb sats when its due and with the new wars it could be a issue.
Lucky i didn't fly it away, going to be vigilant when i can try it again.
Grounded for now, high winds due to storm weather and a lot of rain.

It's all in the manual... Double green indicates that you're in GPS mode and the bird is receiving control input from the transmitter.

HTH

DaveTown said:
It's all in the manual... Double green indicates that you're in GPS mode and the bird is receiving control input from the transmitter.

HTH

When its hovering there is no input of any control or it would not be hovering, so the manual your referring to doesn't explain the double green double red.

ToThePoint said:
DaveTown said:

HTH

When its hovering there is no input of any control or it would not be hovering, so the manual your referring to doesn't explain the double green double red.

I have scoured the doc's and can not find any reference to the quick double green

Let it hover a battery long and indeed seems the double green is RC input, no RC is one green flash.
And the double would be the loss of sat lock under 6 sats.
Investigating this issue further.
And i also didn't find any reference in the manual.

Sorry guys, I can't find the reference to the double green (or yellow) flash, but if I knew about it, I must have read it somewhere. I am certain that the double green flash indicates that transmitter data is being received.

Davetown is right. Single green indicates GPS mode. Double-green indicates GPS mode, sticks not centered. If you're in ATTI mode, it would be yellow instead of green.

It's not in the manual because you're probably in Naza mode, and the P2 manual refers to the Naza-M manual for the Naza-M blink codes.

Quick double green means the control sticks are not centered. It means it's receiving control input, not holding position.
Slow green = hovering, holding position. Double green essentially means it's moving.
I believe the same holds true for yellow lights in Atti mode.

"and its going anywhere it wants." means it's in Atti mode because it doesn't have enough GPS satellites. It will drift with the wind and you'll need to fly it manually.
If it were me, I probably wouldn't be flying with any red lights. Red is a bad sign.
Keep an eye on it 'cause with 6 sats it won't hold position very accurately and if you lose one you're suddenly in atti mode with no warning.
And if you lose control, the failsafe return to home feature won't work without a GPS lock.

cahutch said:
Quick double green means the control sticks are not centered. It means it's receiving control input, not holding position.
Slow green = hovering, holding position. Double green essentially means it's moving.
I believe the same holds true for yellow lights in Atti mode.

"and its going anywhere it wants." means it's in Atti mode because it doesn't have enough GPS satellites. It will drift with the wind and you'll need to fly it manually.
If it were me, I probably wouldn't be flying with any red lights. Red is a bad sign.
Keep an eye on it 'cause with 6 sats it won't hold position very accurately and if you lose one you're suddenly in atti mode with no warning.
And if you lose control, the failsafe return to home feature won't work without a GPS lock.

I had a faulty GPS module and stuff is sorted out now.
The limping bird flies like a beast again.
I didn't fly @ that time and had a full battery hovering afterwards.
All seemed fine fine until that crash in the shrubbery due to a broken connection in the GPS module.
I did the test with that faulty GPS module and homelock, RTH isn't usable in that case.
Homelock works like S2 is in the off position.
The double green means indeed that a stick isn't mids position aka a input from the RC.
Issue's solved, case closed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl