Don't be like me- supervise your bird

Well **** that sucks man. How bad is the damage? Did the grass at least soften the landing?

Well **** that sucks man. How bad is the damage? Did the grass at least soften the landing?
The only apparent damage (at first) was a broken prop. I replaced it and flew again (much to my relief) but my gimbal is damaged so I sent it off for repairs.

Generally speaking, 140' up at minimum will clear lots of things. Best of all, even at that height and more it still looks lower because of the FOV of the camera.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Wow, I thought you were going to hit first the ground, than the trees, than the fence, then the trees, than the fence and then the trees again! You were really flying low!

Personally, I never fly below 120 feet, there is just too much stuff down there. Besides, I think it is way cooler to see those mightly blades in the air instead of the perimeter fences... but that might just be me. :)

Hope your bird will be OK soon!

//Tom

Wow, I thought you were going to hit first the ground, than the trees, than the fence, then the trees, than the fence and then the trees again! You were really flying low!

Personally, I never fly below 120 feet, there is just too much stuff down there. Besides, I think it is way cooler to see those mightly blades in the air instead of the perimeter fences... but that might just be me. :)

Hope your bird will be OK soon!

//Tom

Me too. Except I use 150 feet as my minimum. RTH is 50 meters.

Mike

Generally speaking, 140' up at minimum will clear lots of things. Best of all, even at that height and more it still looks lower because of the FOV of the camera.
Yep - generally speaking. Mine was set at 180' and I slammed into a tree at full speed.

(the terrain a mile out, although relatively flat, was 90' higher than the home point)

Wow...You said your replaced a prop? Before you sent it for repair, could it still fly? I saw an electrical arc flash during the crash on your vid...very lucky it didn't get fried.

Please share how much the gimbal repair is. I recently crashed and just bought the new gimbal and did the labor myself. I couldnt find the parts at a reasonable cost.

I said "OH NO" out loud when I saw the power lines come into view at the end! I also saw a flash, surprised it is not fried. Best of luck with a speedy repair.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl