Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Does Part 107 arrive registered mail?

Discussion in 'Rules and Regulations' started by theTastyCat, Sep 29, 2016.

1. theTastyCat

Hey, has anybody got their actual 107 in the mail yet? I took mine on the second possible day, so wondering if anybody else got theirs yet. Does it arrive registered mail? I've got a slip from USPS and I can't think of what else it possibly might be!

Thanks all!

2. flyboy73

Based on some experience with other federal government agencies I seriously doubt it is from the FAA.

3. theTastyCat

Gotcha - thank you!

4. Bob N

5. theTastyCat

Wellll it was a custom bullet mold from Slovenia, of course.......still waiting on the old 107 :)

6. JesterPhotog

I took my test the first day that we could. I still haven't receive the license in the mail. temp online only right now.

7. daveisim

As a PPL I did the FAA Safety online course and then had my CFI do his part of the IACRA stuff the morning of Aug 29 and have yet to get a certificate in the mail.

But, as of two days ago the "Remote Pilot" rating does show up under "Airman Information" on IACRA along with the certificate number. As of today, the rating also shows in the FAA Airman directory.

I'm wondering if the new certificate will replace my old PPL and have both ratings on it or just be one for Remote Pilot only.

8. turbulence

I've seen on an aviation forum that the certificates are being sent out. It will be a separate card from your PPL.

9. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

No it's a stand alone endorsement that does not replace your PPL what so ever. Basically you'll have two non-credit plastic cards on your person.

10. beamerbuilder1

Was issued my Temp Part 107 on 09/07/2016. I still haven't received my permanent certificate in the mail as of 10/07/2016. Is this normal? How long did it take you guys to receive yours in the mail?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots