Using a PO Box address in IACRA for part 107?

Reaction score
So I took my part 107 test today, and passed, yay me! In the process of filling out the test info, I noted to the instructor that I do not receive mail at my physical address, but I do have a PO Box that all my mail comes to. She contacted someone higher up with Lasergrade, and they said that the FAA needs a physical address, so that's what I put down. Tonight, I registered with IACRA, and as far as the address goes, it seems to need a physical address as well, HOWEVER, my address will not validate. I live on a secluded street, that is more of a driveway, although there is one other house on it. It does not show up in most navigation systems, so I can understand why it would not validate. We do get packages, and other things @ my in-laws, so I use that address for Amazon, etc. I would use that, but it will not match the address I entered in testing, which may be a problem.

My question is how to I enter a PO Box in order to get my card?

So I took my part 107 test today, and passed, yay me! In the process of filling out the test info, I noted to the instructor that I do not receive mail at my physical address, but I do have a PO Box that all my mail comes to. She contacted someone higher up with Lasergrade, and they said that the FAA needs a physical address, so that's what I put down. Tonight, I registered with IACRA, and as far as the address goes, it seems to need a physical address as well, HOWEVER, my address will not validate. I live on a secluded street, that is more of a driveway, although there is one other house on it. It does not show up in most navigation systems, so I can understand why it would not validate. We do get packages, and other things @ my in-laws, so I use that address for Amazon, etc. I would use that, but it will not match the address I entered in testing, which may be a problem.

My question is how to I enter a PO Box in order to get my card?

The validation issue is annoying. However, I discovered that if you re-enter the address that it did not accept, then after several (I forget exactly how many, but possibly 3) attempts, it will give up and ask if you wish to continue with the unvalidated address. I did that, and had no further problems.

I think I have it figured out. It will accept and invalid address, and there is a check box if your mailing address is different from the physical. Hopefully, everything will be ok!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan