Does my P3A have a focus problem, or thats just the quality of the sensor?

I know there is, Im looking for a solution, because it doesnt make it unusable or anything (especially in fullHD video-its hardly noticeable), but I know its there and it annoys me.
Hmmmm... Mount the sensor on silicon so its unaffected by the thermal variations of the aluminium? Use the screws to hold it in place whilst it sets, then remove them.

I know there is, Im looking for a solution, because it doesnt make it unusable or anything (especially in fullHD video-its hardly noticeable), but I know its there and it annoys me.
I, too, think that your pics look fine. IMHO it's easy to try to be too exacting with what is, after all, only a 12 Megapixel, rather mediocre camera mounted on a fairly fast moving, quite complex platform.

Regarding the 'inadequate' focus in some parts of the photo, I personally, wouldn't be too worried about it but there again, perhaps I am less demanding of my Phantom than you.

I'm usually happy enough with the photos that I get, some from photo-mode and even some which I grab as source frames from videos.

If you want to try for a solution, then mounting on a relatively expansion-independent medium such as silicon, as suggested by Numone, could be the way to go.

Reactions: Numone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor