Does 4:3 (in photo mode) output on HDMI to send to Fatshark HDV2?

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting a pair of Fatshark goggles. I have a P3P with the HDMI output upgrade.

The Dominator V3 sounds nice, being 16:9, but the field of view is only 30 degrees. That's like sitting twice as far from a screen as its width. That's like 4 feet from a computer monitor which makes it sound small.

The HD V2 has a much larger field of view, 50 degrees, but it's 4:3. A 16:9 input is squeezed to 4:3. (It also has a built-in DVR while the V3's DVR is analog input only).

My question is this: I've read that the video feed of the P3P (to the attached tablet) is set to 4:3 while in photograph mode. Is that 4:3 output on the HDMI cable? If so, I could fly around for fun with the aspect ratio matched to the goggles and other times, flying around to film, I could deal with the squeezing knowing that the recorded footage would be the full 16:9.

Am I making sense?

Not noticing your post until now, I just posted a similar question in the fpv category of the forums.

I've flown with a Dom v3 (not mine) and noticed the 4:3 display until I started recording video. Works out nice on the v3's. What I want to know is how the v2 feels when recording in 16:9.

Just a note on the v2 vs v3 for your consideration. The change of fov is intentional to account for the different aspect ratio. I've looked at some interesting YouTube videos that compare the two, and it seems the changed fov was probably a smart move.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl