Do you put mobile on flight mode?

Reaction score
Hi all
I have recently upgraded to a P3A from a phantom 2, I am currently using my mobile phone for FPV & am wondering if I should put the phone into flight mode while im flying? I am concerned that if someone was to ring/text me while flying the P3 it could interfere & cause problems/flyaway etc

Thanks for any pointers.

Yes, it's a good idea to put it in airplane mode. You really don't want to be distracted while flying.

I've taken a few calls while flying. I normally go into a hover, answer the call quickly. then resume. It doesn't affect the flight - in the same way that a call doesn't affect any other app. But you wouldn't want to be answering calls while flying around obstacles.

If you are at all worried, go into flight mode.

I have a separate SIM for my iPad mini. I usually don't go to airplane mode. But it may be a good idea to go to airplane mode after you download maps for your flight area.

I turn wifi and blueooth off and leave my phone in LTE. Then I set the do not disturb to on. I also changed the do not disturb settings so that multiple calls and calls from favorites are also blocked....

The LTE lets the map update...but you can cache the map. My initial plan was airplane mode with cached maps....but I was too excited to fly than try to figure out how to cache the maps and then turn off airplane mode...

R8 Glyn.. I use a iPad Air 2 and sometimes my Samsung s5 mobile,I always put them both in flight mode to fly.better safe than sorry. How you finding your advanced ? Have you updated to the latest firmware ? I'm on 1.3 now as it performs perfect. Been on 1.4 but it would not fly in a straight line so went back to 1.3

R8 Glyn.. I use a iPad Air 2 and sometimes my Samsung s5 mobile,I always put them both in flight mode to fly.better safe than sorry. How you finding your advanced ? Have you updated to the latest firmware ? I'm on 1.3 now as it performs perfect. Been on 1.4 but it would not fly in a straight line so went back to 1.3
lotusteve, I have the Pro and am still on 1.3, don't want to risk it since it is flying perfect.

Reactions: lotusteve
You don't want to have 2.4Ghz WiFi on when using flying. It definitely can mess with the downlink connection if it's actively transferring data over WiFi. I don't see how 5.8Ghz WiFi or 3G/4G cell service would effect it though.
See here for more info.
Live Streaming NOW! | Page 18 | DJI Phantom Forum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl