Do you practice?

Reaction score
I try to practice my RC flying skills daily. I use a Dromida Kodo mini and a Syma X5C. Kodo inside if the weather is inclement.

I break up the practice with each battery. So, for example, I will burn 1 battery just doing nose-in hover, another with flying the quad towards me with the quad facing me and another doing figure 8s etc.

I wonder why the DJI simulator requires that the quad be powered up while I use the sim. I think I would be much more inclined to use it if I did not have to run the quad to do so.

Anyway, was curious if any of you other folks do this kind of thing.

Last edited:
Yes, I fly a Blade Nano Qx daily, usually 4 batteries. Lots of circles (facing out and in),figure 8s and panning orbits. Worn out 2 sets of motors already :D Helps a lot when flying the Phantoms and other birds.

Yes, I fly daily too. I have a Blade Nano, FPV Nano, 3D nano a Blade Glimpse, and a Blade 180QX which I can fly indoors. I'll also practice new maneuvers at my flying field at least once a week with the big drones.

started with blade nano qx, then moved up to the nano qx 3d. replaced the motors on both a couple times after the numerous indoor crashes. ill tell you there have been occasions of high wind where i may have lost my phantom without the skills learned with the blade nanos ;)

I don't practice drone flying per se, but in regards to flying 3D RC helis I practice about 30-60 minutes a day (nearly every day) on the sim. I've done this for nigh on 3 years now and it makes a huge difference (espec considering how difficult 3D helis are).

I am pondering doing the same for the Phantom to help me get really good at manual orbits etc.

I pulled off my first manual orbit the other day with the Phantom and it was ok considering it's so different (FPV).

Yes, Please see www.realflight.com. ;-)
And or read my SIG. Plenty of small craft.

RedHotPoker

You should!!! I fly the 200qx and if i'm feeling sharp enough got a busted up p2 i shift into manual mode (intense)

I fly my MJX X101 every day,
There's no replacement for "stick and rudder" practice.

Yes, I usually fly my X5C around the house daily with modified FPV (to annoy the cat) and always outside when my P3 batteries are charging [emoji106]

Reactions: B- Scene Films
Yes, I usually fly my X5C around the house daily with modified FPV (to annoy the cat) and always outside when my P3 batteries are charging [emoji106]

I have been looking into getting the X5C, but 2 questions:

1. Isn't there an X5C-1? If so, would there be an advantage in getting that one than the "regular" X5C?

2. Modified FPV? What did you modify?

Thanks... :)

1. Isn't there an X5C-1? If so, would there be an advantage in getting that one than the "regular" X5C?

I have the X5C-1. There were stability issues with the previous X5C that they corrected with the -1 model.

If you go to YouTube and search on Alex Greve X5C you'll see the FPV mod I am referring to. About $140 and a few hours .. Great fun over the winter indoors

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart