Do you practice?

Reaction score
I try to practice my RC flying skills daily. I use a Dromida Kodo mini and a Syma X5C. Kodo inside if the weather is inclement.

I break up the practice with each battery. So, for example, I will burn 1 battery just doing nose-in hover, another with flying the quad towards me with the quad facing me and another doing figure 8s etc.

I wonder why the DJI simulator requires that the quad be powered up while I use the sim. I think I would be much more inclined to use it if I did not have to run the quad to do so.

Anyway, was curious if any of you other folks do this kind of thing.

Last edited:
Yes, I fly a Blade Nano Qx daily, usually 4 batteries. Lots of circles (facing out and in),figure 8s and panning orbits. Worn out 2 sets of motors already :D Helps a lot when flying the Phantoms and other birds.

Yes, I fly daily too. I have a Blade Nano, FPV Nano, 3D nano a Blade Glimpse, and a Blade 180QX which I can fly indoors. I'll also practice new maneuvers at my flying field at least once a week with the big drones.

started with blade nano qx, then moved up to the nano qx 3d. replaced the motors on both a couple times after the numerous indoor crashes. ill tell you there have been occasions of high wind where i may have lost my phantom without the skills learned with the blade nanos ;)

I don't practice drone flying per se, but in regards to flying 3D RC helis I practice about 30-60 minutes a day (nearly every day) on the sim. I've done this for nigh on 3 years now and it makes a huge difference (espec considering how difficult 3D helis are).

I am pondering doing the same for the Phantom to help me get really good at manual orbits etc.

I pulled off my first manual orbit the other day with the Phantom and it was ok considering it's so different (FPV).

Yes, Please see www.realflight.com. ;-)
And or read my SIG. Plenty of small craft.

RedHotPoker

You should!!! I fly the 200qx and if i'm feeling sharp enough got a busted up p2 i shift into manual mode (intense)

I fly my MJX X101 every day,
There's no replacement for "stick and rudder" practice.

Yes, I usually fly my X5C around the house daily with modified FPV (to annoy the cat) and always outside when my P3 batteries are charging [emoji106]

Reactions: B- Scene Films
Yes, I usually fly my X5C around the house daily with modified FPV (to annoy the cat) and always outside when my P3 batteries are charging [emoji106]

I have been looking into getting the X5C, but 2 questions:

1. Isn't there an X5C-1? If so, would there be an advantage in getting that one than the "regular" X5C?

2. Modified FPV? What did you modify?

Thanks... :)

1. Isn't there an X5C-1? If so, would there be an advantage in getting that one than the "regular" X5C?

I have the X5C-1. There were stability issues with the previous X5C that they corrected with the -1 model.

If you go to YouTube and search on Alex Greve X5C you'll see the FPV mod I am referring to. About $140 and a few hours .. Great fun over the winter indoors

Here is a vid that compares the X5C and X5C-1:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers