Do DJI hate Android?

+1 on using the nVidia k1 shield. I just hate counting on a discontinued android tablet to run apps for DJI drones.

This is not only an Android issue. Think about your statements for a moment. Go on the assumption that GO, was originally designed to operate primarily with IOS. It would be like comparing Microsoft to Apple. Certain software will only run on the platform it was designed to run on. Interfacing the two, is a time consuming tedious process, and even then there will be certain differences between the two. With Android, being that it is a Linux based OS, is another difference. Linux is closer to Windows than the Mac OS.

Sigh. The Mac OS is a GUI on top of it... wait for it... UNIX, specifically BSD. Which is what LINUX is based on (Unix) Windows is windows. Nothing to do with or ever has been anything close to Unix.

“Interfacing the two” what does that even mean? Again. Android and IOS are two different animals. You don’t write one piece of software for both platforms unless it’s simply a wrapper for web content. You literally have to have two teams of programmers writing separate code to target each platform. THATS why there is always such a disparity between the two. Judging by complaints here about Android it would seem they have a better iOS team. Overall I would say they can’t program worth a **** considering the quantity of bugs and mistakes they push out.

@ravedog This is really not a developers refresher course thread. Both IOS and Android have it's pro's and con's. How I sorely miss the Amiga's and Commodores .........

@ravedog This is really not a developers refresher course thread. Both IOS and Android have it's pro's and con's. How I sorely miss the Amiga's and Commodores .........

Well it is s site for information and I was correcting mis-information. Nothing I was saying was fanboyish. Just laying out reasons for the disparity.

I really didn't see any "Misinformation" if you read post #11. In hindsight , I should have just stopped there and left it alone.;)

@ravedog...How I sorely miss the Amiga's and Commodores .........
I miss some of the Amiga stuff, but the company didn't have the resources to compete with Microsoft and Apple. The hardware was really cool in 1987, less so by 1992.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164