DJI still repairing P4P???

It was giving an error 180 message-send to DJI for service. Went away on its own.
I did spy this looking for something else, done firmware recently? Good that it disappeared though

Reactions: Droneted
Don’t use DJI anyway
The last time I sent something(P4Pro V2 controller)to DJI it was free shipping both ways courtesy of DJI. I ended up with a brand new controller. I find NOTHING on the controller that indicates a refurbished product. I searched the serial number through DJI and couldn’t find the word refurbished in what I saw.
Any P4 cameras that needed attention went to Dr. Ted. He’s not in Florida anymore, now in New York.

The last time I sent something(P4Pro V2 controller)to DJI it was free shipping both ways courtesy of DJI. I ended up with a brand new controller. I find NOTHING on the controller that indicates a refurbished product. I searched the serial number through DJI and couldn’t find the word refurbished in what I saw.
Any P4 cameras that needed attention went to Dr. Ted. He’s not in Florida anymore, now in New York.
Ok. Refurb or not. I sent them a P4P with one thing wrong - demonstrably and provable. They sent me back an estimate with a laundry list of broken items which were false. They sent pics which I knew were of another drone with broken landing gear and gimbal. No way. I asked for them to resend pics of this alleged damage but to include pics of the sticker in the battery compartment showing it had my serial number. They stopped replying other than to say I can either pay them the $380 repair or pay an estimate fee and they will send me back my drone unrepaired. They had me over a barrel. So I paid the extortion and got a new drone. Whether it was a refurb or not isn’t the point. I’m ok with factory refurb if that’s what is needed. But all that was wrong with my drone was an optical sensor error. There is no way on earth that the pics of the damage they sent me was my drone. My belief is they don’t want to fix anything. They trump up enough fake stuff to justify their cost of sending you a new drone. Rather than fixing a sensor and charging you $80 or $100 and fixing what it actually wrong. I flew this drone and made a very good video the day before I sent it to them. So I know the problems they quoted me are false.

Heck, if it was crashed and banged up and I sent it to them and they charged me $380 and sent me a new drone - or even a refurb - I’d be very happy with them. This experience left me with a different taste though. When they ghosted me and ignored my emails and phone calls till I paid, I got a bad feeling about them.

Whatever. My life isn’t ruined as a result of this. I just feel compelled to offer fair warning. Their practices are not always up to snuff.

Your mileage may vary.

DJI still repairing P4P??? Their website, under support, doesn't have it listed.

I sent a P4P v1 to DJI for repairs a couple of months and they returned it to me unrepaired stating that they stopped supporting the P4P v1 last July. I believe they may still support the P4P v2 (now RID compliant with firmware update), but I don't know with certainty. I sent my v1 to Drone Nerds and they did a fine job repairing it.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Ted still works on those. as a matter of fact he loves working on those. LOL
I drink lots of coffee and work on drones, that's what I do.

Wishing you clear skies on April 8th, Ted.

Reactions: Droneted
Just noticed where you live.

I did spy this looking for something else, done firmware recently? Good that it disappeared though
Error came back. It is a V2/V2PRO with the built in screen. Updated, still there???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl