DJI Spreading Wings S900: Create Anywhere

Reaction score
The DJI Spreading Wings S900 is designed for professional aerial photographers and cinematographers. Its lightweight, compact design makes it easy to take anywhere and create amazing aerials on the go. Equipped with our most advanced motors and electronic speed controllers, a sturdy carbon fiber frame, and a brand new power distribution system, the S900 gives you the power, strength and stability you need to create amazing footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aC9Z7-Qxwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2M3mGB3KJA

Lightweight, Strong and Stable
The S900’s arms and landing gear are made of sturdy carbon fiber, greatly reducing weight while increasing stability and strength. This enables a long flight time without sacrificing performance.

Highly Portable, Easy to Carry
With arms that fold in to save space, the S900 is built to be taken wherever you need to go. Then when you want to fly, it can be ready to go in just a few minutes. Never before has a professional hexacoptor been so portable and easy to transport.

New Power Distribution System
A redesigned, rebuilt power distribution system improves safety and reliability. Gold-plated metal bearings with a unique screw design secure the power cords, ensuring cables will not come loose during flight and allowing easy setup.

s900_test_001.jpg

s900_test_002.jpg

s900_test_003.jpg

Removable Upper Center Board
The upper center board can be removed, allowing easy access to install your flight controller and IMU, and giving you a convenient way to setup the power distribution system. Even installation of your main controller, iOSD, Lightbridge, or any other accessories is faster and easier than ever before.
This new center board structure is perfectly compatible with the DJI WKM and A2 flight controllers.

s900_test_004.jpg

s900_test_005.jpg

Sparkproof Plug
Prevent short circuits and easily plug in your power supply with the AS150 sparkproof plug.

Professional Quality
Weighing just 3.3kg, the S900 has a maximum takeoff weight of 8.2kg. This means you can easily carry most cameras and gimbals. Used with a 6S 12000mAh battery, it can fly for up to 18 minutes.*
*Maximum flight time is tested on a breezeless day with a payload of 6.8kg, hovering at a height of 2 meters.

Wide Range of Shooting Angles
Retractable landing gear and a special low gimbal mounting bracket gives you an extremely wide range of possible shooting angles and camera motions.

Compatible with Zenmuse Gimbals
DJI’s Zenmuse camera gimbals are known for their stability, providing smooth footage capture in even the most difficult of conditions. The S900 fully supports the Zenmuse Z15, GH3, GH4, and BMPCC gimbals.

Reduced Vibrations, Clearer Footage
The S900’s gimbal bracket is separated from the main frame by specifically designed dampers. This significantly reduces high-frequency vibrations and makes your shots clearer and sharper.

Innovative Arm Design
Each arm is designed with an 8° inversion and a 3° inclination, making the aircraft more stable when rolling and pitching, yet more flexible when rotating.

s900_test_006.jpg

Greater Power
A 40A electronic speed controller (ESC), our fastest available, is built in to each arm. Combined with its 4114 pro motors, high performance 1552 folding propellers, and V-type mixer design, the S900 has a maximum thrust of 2.5Kg.
Our latest motor adopts a single wire stator design, offering improved heat dissipation, better performance, and a tidier, more reliable system.

What are you doing to me?? My wife would be so jealous if she knew the love and lust I feel for the above craft. Can I put my Cannon 70d in there? I am going to go weigh some of my big lenses and see what is possible. The future of photography is UP IN THE AIR. and with the above, the Matrix and other offerings, THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!

I'm not exactly sure what it is, but the S900 is WAY more exciting than the S800 Evo ever was. I have a feeling this is going to be huge for the mobile pro.

ElGuano said:
I'm not exactly sure what it is, but the S900 is WAY more exciting than the S800 Evo ever was. I have a feeling this is going to be huge for the mobile pro.

I'm sure that PDB accounts for a lot of the drool-factor...I want that for every hex build.

Have pre-ordered one. I'll stick the EVO up on the bay to help finance it.

For attention of UK users the CAA currently will not permit commercial use for platforms with the A2 controller.
Is the only other option the woo kong ?

I've seen these in person. Be warned that they have changed the prop arm mounts and several other fasteners to plastic, versus metal like they have on the S1000.

Also, based on the payload limits, it looks as though using a 5D is out of the question on this and I'd even be a little worried about running my full NEX-7 setup.

Either way, leaps and bounds ahead of the S800.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

I think the metal bits on the s1000 are just from the launch time premium edition. The standard s1000 has always had plastic arm mounts iir.

ElGuano said:
I think the metal bits on the s1000 are just from the launch time premium edition. The standard s1000 has always had plastic arm mounts iir.

Good to know. In the end, certainly not a make-or-break deal, but something that I was surprised to see.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Fink said:
ElGuano said:

Good to know. In the end, certainly not a make-or-break deal, but something that I was surprised to see.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

I wish I had a need for an S1000...it looks like it'd be an amazing aerial filming platform! But my understanding is that the plastic parts are plastic so they absorb damage on impact and snap, saving the frame/arms/components. Honestly, I'm not sure how that squares with using alu on the "premium edition," but plastic holders on a non-load piece (the arms should have positive pressure in flight) doesn't bother me much.

maher said:
I'm quite interested by a S900 with a Zenmuse Z15-BMPCC. Does anyone have experience with the Zenmuse Z15-BMPCC and the Black Magic Pocket camera?

My S900 currently has the BMPCC HD Gimbal on it. The BMPCC camera requires some getting used to. I have a 0.9ND filter on it and it requires that you focus the camera before flight. You will also need extra batteries as it goes through them quickly. I got a watson charger for two batteries and two extra batteries. It was a worthwhile investment. You will need to download Davinci if you want to color correct in RAW. I use iMovie for simple prores corrections. Not a camera for the inexperienced. The GH3/4 and 5D are more automatic.

ElGuano said:
Fink said:
ElGuano said:

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

I wish I had a need for an S1000...it looks like it'd be an amazing aerial filming platform! But my understanding is that the plastic parts are plastic so they absorb damage on impact and snap, saving the frame/arms/components. Honestly, I'm not sure how that squares with using alu on the "premium edition," but plastic holders on a non-load piece (the arms should have positive pressure in flight) doesn't bother me much.

I just got mine on Friday. It is an incredible machine for sure. If only battery technology was a bit more advanced. 20 minutes with the 22,000mAh batteries I bought isn't too bad, but would be nice to be able to fly longer on a smaller, lighter battery. I suppose I can't have my cake and eat it, too, though. :ugeek:

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Apologies , this was from a copy of the CAA minutes and a rep,wanted to temp ban the use of A2 due to some safety issues , but it was overruled , so they are still ok for commercial use.
Apologies again.

I have PhotoHigher gimbal set up for nikon camera ,and I am also trying to find out if it would work together with S 900 ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl