DJI Repair Quote for WIFI Video link module...

Reaction score
So I have fallen to the ubiquitous WIFI link module issue. After combing through many threads here it seems the three most prevalent causes for this are:
1. WiFi module overheats (design flaw?)
2. NAND/firmware corruption after long periods in storage without power
3. A forced update by the DJI Vision App (not sure if this one bricks the Range Extender or the WiFi module in the Phantom)

Anyways, I sent the Phantom in to DJI and received a repair quote of $237 which includes $65 for diagnosis and $13 for return shipping.

It seems many have had success in getting DJI to repair these at no cost even though out of warranty. It seems that there is certainly an issue with these as I have never crashed the unit or even opened the case for any reason whatsoever. And if I pony up the $237 to repair it, is there any chance that it will happen again? Or have they fixed the problem (unacknowledged by DJI) with the WiFI module?

Anyone who has gone through this, I'd love to know how your bird has been performing after the repair. Did they offer any warranty on the repaired/replaced part? How long?

Last edited:
For another 200 dollars you can get a P3 so why bother, strip and sell the P2 for spares.

Reactions: kedarvis2007
I am waiting for a P3S to arrive Friday. They also came back with $293 repair bill for a P2V+. I am doing this for a friend as a favor. DJI asked for proof of purchase when I mentioned the Wi-Fi should be fixed for free. I did not bother to ask my friend after a month of waiting for repair results. So I agreed on $199 for the P3S and DJI keeping the P2V+. I am hoping he will be happy with the new bird, never told him that part.

Comments:
7159b92caf74411a7015607c7c28e57b.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl