DJI Repair Quote Concern

Reaction score
Hello,
I sent my P4P in to DJI for warranty repair on a motor making noise. I sent in the entire drone with camera and controller. I received the quote saying it will be repaired under warranty and they identified the controller and aircraft excluding all accessories. My concern and question is that it says excludes gimbal, although I sent my drone in with the gimbal attached. I've read posts that they send back refurbished drones and want to know if I should be concerned that I may not receive the gimbal? Or am I overthinking the quote? Thanks. Attached is the quote.
IMG_8287.jpg

Spoke to someone on the chat who confirmed the gimbal was attached and it would not be an issue. Later received an email from support stating they could not find any signs of damage or abuse and they were going to swap out the unit. I felt one motor sounded differently than the rest, deeper tone when spun by hand and aircraft was louder in the air than it used to be, so I guess a swap is better than no fix at all. Drone only had about 20 hours of flight time on it.

I would also wonder how many fly flying hours on the returned unit vs the one you sent them. Say you send them yours with lets say 25 flying hrs on it and you get one with much more flying hours on it. I would be pissed!

I would also wonder how many fly flying hours on the returned unit vs the one you sent them. Say you send them yours with lets say 25 flying hrs on it and you get one with much more flying hours on it. I would be pissed!

What choice do I really have at this point? Any?

What choice do I really have at this point? Any?
That I do not know, it just seems really unfair to get a unit back with possibly a lot more hours on it, you send in a drone with low hours and maybe get one back with a lot more hours. In the end really it only matters if you are satisfied with the outcome. I know how I would feel! Good luck

That I do not know, it just seems really unfair to get a unit back with possibly a lot more hours on it, you send in a drone with low hours and maybe get one back with a lot more hours. In the end really it only matters if you are satisfied with the outcome. I know how I would feel!

Aren't the refurbs more or less brand new with all new parts?

Aren't the refurbs more or less brand new with all new parts?
I do not think so just because I see a lot of posts from people having to send the refurbed units back, but of course the only people that post this are the ones who had issues with their replacement unit. I would not like sending in a drone for repair with 1-40 hours of flight time and getting back one with more than possibly 0 to 100+ hours , more or less your guess? An extreme example I know but you are left with the unknown. It's a Pet peeve on my part I guess, but for the money spent (big for me) on this type of drone means a lot. I personally would would prefer to wait a little longer to get the drone I sent in back to me.

Hope they don’t give you an AC less gimble with two noisy motors....

Guess they are putting your gimble, propellers and battery with a returned seemingly good unit.

Hope all ends well...

You should get it with the gimbal, DJI wouldnt approve it for warranty if you took the gimbal off as it would be considered taking it apart. Once you take something apart it is no longer covered under warranty.

Received the drone back today. Not a different drone, my drone. NOTHING fixed or replaced on it. All those emails back and forth with customer service and the chat telling me it was being repaired and then swapped out for a different one and nothing! The motor still is making the same sound I sent it in for! I question if they even took it apart because I put a small piece of tape where the shell would have to come apart and it's still there.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
Received the drone back today. Not a different drone, my drone. NOTHING fixed or replaced on it. All those emails back and forth with customer service and the chat telling me it was being repaired and then swapped out for a different one and nothing! The motor still is making the same sound I sent it in for! I question if they even took it apart because I put a small piece of tape where the shell would have to come apart and it's still there.
Oh DJI!! Get your act together!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez