DJI repair for tilted horizon issue

Reaction score
I have the dreaded tilted horizon on my P4 for a while now so I decided to go ahead and send it in for repairs I've seen on forums that sometimes they fix it and sometimes people get them back and the problem still persists. They told me the repair was for a distorted yaw control arm which was bad so they replaced the whole entire camera system which is pretty awesome. I get it back this Thursday and I look forward to testing it and really seeing the camera replacement really fixed it.

Other than that the customer service was great and their repair time was fast!

I'll give an Update once I have it back later this week

Reactions: vdubbin
Great. Thank you for letting us know.

Could you tell us how you initiated contact with DJI: phone, chat, email?
And did they instruct you to send it to their US (CA) facility?

I had to send mine in for a defect in the lense, basically lights at night or light reflective objects during the day would ghost above and below the object and it would get worse as you get closer to the edges. They listed on the invoice that the camera was replaced but it was a whole new bird. Now I am noticing lots of hot pixels, the dji cleaner app works great and completely eliminates the hot pixels.

Reactions: Drone Master
Hi @28wins

Sure, I called them first told them my camera sits at a 10 degree angle when not in use and also when filimg I notice the tilted horizon. They said to bring it in after I recalibrate do the IMU and compass(both did not fix the horizon issue or camera being tilted at 90 degrees.

It took about 13 days from the time I sent it in, the repairs and the ship time back to me. I live on the east coast so it takes about 5 days for shipping. But yea they replaced the entire camera at no charge

@Sinisalo

Wow you got a whole new bird. That's really cool. Would be nice if they did the same for me. How did you know it was a new bird. Did it have the propeller stickers on the arms?

@Sinisalo

Wow you got a whole new bird. That's really cool. Would be nice if they did the same for me. How did you know it was a new bird. Did it have the propeller stickers on the arms?

Yeah, it had the stickers and a different serial number. I called DJI though because I didn't have to activate it and it had a weird name like "chump" or something like that. I was told that it was not a refurb, but that they had to test it before sending it out. I guess the person who tested my unit before sending it out must not have liked their job or was just messing around with different names to keep their job fun. Luckily we can change the Phantom names now through DJI Go.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yea I've recently changed the name on my phatom 4. That's cool about your phantom 4 though. Is it doing good?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka