P3 Firmware DJI Releases New Firmware for Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced

1.5.0030 is the new version posted on DJIs download site.
Here is a link for the P3P: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3X_FW_V01.05.0030.zip
Here is the link for the P3A: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3S_FW_V01.05.0030.zip
My PH3Pro has been suffering from the "No Signal" problem ever since I upgraded the RC to the latest version. I was hoping that this new RC, aircraft, and gimbal firmware would fix everything. Guess I was wrong.
I upgraded my RC firmware via the app and it went as expected.
Copied the firmware for the aircraft to the SD card and l let it do it's thing. After 25 mins, status light goes all red and machine issues a solid tone. Firmware upgrade failed.
I rebooted several times and the upgrade would fail right away. I even tried downgrading the firmware to the previous version. Failed.
I rebooted everything and the app is saying that everything upgraded despite all the failing tones and lights. But still no LightBridge output to my iPad. Guess I have two choices: 1) Contact DJI and send it in for repair (this will be my second time doing so) or 2) Throw it in the garbage.

You should try another (fresh) micro SD card, it's possiblethat one has an issue,.

ok I did mine and it is dark and cold out but tried it for a few minutes and no video lag which was happening bad before. will try tomorrow do you leave the update on your SD card? and does this update do the new batteries as well?
alright I will answer my own question- yes it updated my new battery and yes it works! I flew 2 batteries today it was 26 degrees out. flew perfect, no video lag no issues at all EXCEPT the crows or maybe they are ravens did not like me flying in their field! they started chasing me so like a little school girl I ran!!! they stopped and I spotted some deer up in a field and a big buck so I flew again and watched for the birds and got some very nice video of the deer before the birds came back. I am so happy it flew well.

Reactions: bradrun
I upgraded mine and now I've lost FPV. I get all other telemetry just no FPV. I've talked to my dealer and they were thinking it could be a failed board in the remote control. Anyone heard of this?

people at DJI say that we should do every update that comes out.

My PH3Pro has been suffering from the "No Signal" problem ever since I upgraded the RC to the latest version. I was hoping that this new RC, aircraft, and gimbal firmware would fix everything. Guess I was wrong.
I upgraded my RC firmware via the app and it went as expected.
Copied the firmware for the aircraft to the SD card and l let it do it's thing. After 25 mins, status light goes all red and machine issues a solid tone. Firmware upgrade failed.
I rebooted several times and the upgrade would fail right away. I even tried downgrading the firmware to the previous version. Failed.
I rebooted everything and the app is saying that everything upgraded despite all the failing tones and lights. But still no LightBridge output to my iPad. Guess I have two choices: 1) Contact DJI and send it in for repair (this will be my second time doing so) or 2) Throw it in the garbage.

I Had the same problem with my P3Pro. (No video connect problem) after plugging in a card reader with the SD card into my controller. Ended up sending it into Atlanta Hobby for repair. According to their Tec Dji no longer advises using a card reader in the controller as it blows some of the circuitry in the light bridge. He advised me to use a thumb drive with a software copy on it instead. Atlanta Hobby took about a week and half to do the repair. ($104.00) plus $99.00 for a HDMI module as well. I was told Dji repair would take 2 months. Anyway I have it back and it works perfect.

I Had the same problem with my P3Pro. (No video connect problem) after plugging in a card reader with the SD card into my controller. Ended up sending it into Atlanta Hobby for repair. According to their Tec Dji no longer advises using a card reader in the controller as it blows some of the circuitry in the light bridge. He advised me to use a thumb drive with a software copy on it instead. Atlanta Hobby took about a week and half to do the repair. ($104.00) plus $99.00 for a HDMI module as well. I was told Dji repair would take 2 months. Anyway I have it back and it works perfect.
Interesting -- by card reader you mean USB card reader, right? Good to know, I've not done it this way (always used the connection to the camera method), guess I will be sure to not change how I've been doing it. Thanks for sharing.

I have always removed the SD from my P3P, put it into a USB card reader and plugged that into my computer to download video, then delete the files from the SD and return it to my P3P - no issues.

I have always removed the SD from my P3P, put it into a USB card reader and plugged that into my computer to download video, then delete the files from the SD and return it to my P3P - no issues.
Yeah but he's talking about upgrading firmware in the RC via a USB card reader plugged into the RC, not downloading video via USB card reader to a computer.

I upgraded and have the 2.7k, but have never been able to access the waypoints and follow me modes. I'm hoping it's a matter of being airborne, 'cause I haven't had the props on yet after the firmware upgrade to v 01.05.0030

I downloaded new firmware for my P3 Pro. Installed and got all the correct beeps etc. did not get a text file saying successful or failed. Also updated DjiGo app. Now when I power up message says firmware up to date for a few seconds then it says " update required". Does not say firmware update required. Don't know for sure now if it downloaded.

I have:
App 2.4.2
Aircraft 1.5.30
RC 1.4.30 (I now see it should be updated to 1.5.70 - DONE)

Are these the latest versions as of 12/8/2015?

Last edited:
I did the upgrade via the app in order to update the RC controller (the radio). I then copied the aircraft's firmware update to the SD card via my computer and then inserted it in to the machine - as I have always done in the past - to update the aircraft.
Do you have a contact over at Atlanta Hobby in order for me to get this unit repaired? Please message me. Thanks.

I upgraded and have the 2.7k, but have never been able to access the waypoints and follow me modes. I'm hoping it's a matter of being airborne, 'cause I haven't had the props on yet after the firmware upgrade to v 01.05.0030
You have to switch over to F Mode (The toggle switch on the upper left side of the controller next to gimbal wheel). This will enable those options assuming you have them enabled in the app.

Hi all. I am new to this forum and a new DJI Phantom 3 plot that needs some help and guidance. I have been trying to update the new firmware for my Phantom 3. I downloaded the file P3X-FW-V1.05.0030.zip. (which I believe is the latest update) I'm on a Mac and when I double clicked on the zip file I got an "exe file" HUH?? WTF?? Isn't an EXE file a Microsoft file? This file will not work on a Mac. Isn't there a Mc file available???
Anyway I thought at one time, when I first downloaded an earlier update I did or was able to extract it, copied it to my SD card and inserted it into the bird. Everything worked fine. But now, after copying the above mentioned file and inserting it not the plane, I got the beep beep sound but the lights did not go red or green. They stayed yellow for ever. After waiting for more than an hour to hear the final "success beep" I gave up and pulled out the card. I then erased the card and tried to start from scratch. Now when I start the battery all I get is an obnoxious beep, beep, beep, no lights on the bird and can't start the motor. Someone please walk me through this process. Im in CA on vacation and really wanted to fly along the ocean and maybe even catch some cool waves or surfers. HELP!! Thanks

Last edited:
I hope a Mac head jumps in because I know little of apple. The .zip file is supposed to execute to extract its content to a temp folder, then you can copy the .bin (which is also an executable file) from there to your sd. If you 'erased everything' you may have messed up the formatting - phantom is looking for FAT32. Do you have a 2nd SD for your bird? Just delete files in top level and copy the .bin there, don't worry about folders. Then try again after you charge the battery.

Last edited:
I wish someone would explain..
Cordone:
A lot of these strings seem to get hijacked and thrown into a rabbit hole. I find that if want to ask a technical question start a new string at the DJI help forum.
Works for me most times.

Cordone:
A lot of these strings seem to get hijacked and thrown into a rabbit hole. I find that if want to ask a technical question start a new string at the DJI help forum.
Works for me most times.
Sorry for the misspell Codrone

Hey guys, I've read though all these post and tried just about everything I can think of. I flew a phantom 2 V+ for abut a year, sold it and got myself a P3 Pro, Just got it two days ago and did the update to latest update 1.5 (on phantom) and Updated everything on my phone as well, then i used my phone to update the RC. But now I cannot connect at all. I've tried linking through the app and the manual link using back buttons+shutter+record. Nothing works..... Please help. When I'm binding, I can seem to get control of the gimbal and it says linked, but them the controller disconnects again...... Not sure what else to do besides send it back.
Any and all help is appreciated!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart