P3 Firmware DJI Releases New Firmware for Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced

Reaction score
A new firmware update (V1.5.0030) is now available for Phantom 3 series. Please visit Phantom 3 Drone - Smart Drones to download and update your Phantom 3 Professional/ Advanced .

Overview:
• All-in-One Firmware Updated to:v1.5.0030
• DJI GO app for iOS Updated to:v2.4.2
• DJI GO app for Android Updated to:v2.4.1

For Phantom 3 Professional:
New Features:
• Added 2.7K resolution for video recording.
• Optimized Waypoint feature.
Notes:
• The firmware can be downgraded to v1.4.10 or later only.
• Video recording in 2.7K is only available in the Android version of the DJI GO app at the moment. Support for the iOS version is coming soon.

For Phantom 3 Advanced:
New Features:
Notes:

Reactions: Mike Mauk
The RC need to update too?..i can't find the updates on the RC..aircraft updated though

What FPS for 2.7K on the Pro?

If anyone flies the new firmware and has reports on the experience, please post. I'm lagging behind a bit until I see widespread use and little to no issues.

My PH3Pro has been suffering from the "No Signal" problem ever since I upgraded the RC to the latest version. I was hoping that this new RC, aircraft, and gimbal firmware would fix everything. Guess I was wrong.
I upgraded my RC firmware via the app and it went as expected.
Copied the firmware for the aircraft to the SD card and l let it do it's thing. After 25 mins, status light goes all red and machine issues a solid tone. Firmware upgrade failed.
I rebooted several times and the upgrade would fail right away. I even tried downgrading the firmware to the previous version. Failed.
I rebooted everything and the app is saying that everything upgraded despite all the failing tones and lights. But still no LightBridge output to my iPad. Guess I have two choices: 1) Contact DJI and send it in for repair (this will be my second time doing so) or 2) Throw it in the garbage.

My PH3Pro has been suffering from the "No Signal" problem ever since I upgraded the RC to the latest version. I was hoping that this new RC, aircraft, and gimbal firmware would fix everything. Guess I was wrong.
Copied the firmware for the aircraft to the SD card and l let it do it's thing. After 25 mins, status light goes all red and machine issues a solid tone. Firmware upgrade failed.
I rebooted several times and the upgrade would fail right away. I even tried downgrading the firmware to the previous version. Failed.
I rebooted everything and the app is saying that everything upgraded despite all the failing tones and lights. But still no LightBridge output to my iPad. Guess I have two choices: 1) Contact DJI and send it in for repair (this will be my second time doing so) or 2) Throw it in the garbage.

So you can still start motors right?
If so, can you drop your recording to 1080p and see if that works.
And drop the FPV transmission speed to 4mbs

So you can still start motors right?
If so, can you drop your recording to 1080p and see if that works.
And drop the FPV transmission speed to 4mbs
Yes, the motors start. The camera works - images on my SD card and video.
I already played with dropping the LightBridge streaming rate to 4MB/s and still no joy. Recording was already at 1080p. The LB transmission module on the machine must be blown. And this was a new machine! Get fed up with DJI.

same problem been driving me nuts

A new firmware update (V1.5.0030) is now available for Phantom 3 series. Please visit Phantom 3 Drone - Smart Drones to download and update your Phantom 3 Professional/ Advanced .

Overview:
• All-in-One Firmware Updated to:v1.5.0030
• DJI GO app for iOS Updated to:v2.4.2
• DJI GO app for Android Updated to:v2.4.1

For Phantom 3 Professional:
New Features:
• Added 2.7K resolution for video recording.
Notes:
• Video recording in 2.7K is only available in the Android version of the DJI GO app at the moment. Support for the iOS version is coming soon.

For Phantom 3 Advanced:
New Features:
Notes:
ok well I am getting ready to install it, is it safe? I just installed the new software update on my ipad air 2 and did the update on the RC and am ready to install the new v1.5.0030 on my P3A hope it is all well

Why is it that the end users seem to be the beta testers for every firmware upgrade? DJI pick up some tips from Microsoft? Will continue to use what works for my P3P for now.

Did mine last night. All was good and the flight after was flawless.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
ok I did mine and it is dark and cold out but tried it for a few minutes and no video lag which was happening bad before. will try tomorrow do you leave the update on your SD card? and does this update do the new batteries as well?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj