DJI preflight checklist! (video)

Re: The ultimate preflight checklist! (video)

Some wrong stuff....check the video...first power on the transmiter,then power on the phantom in a level surface!

What a useless, even dangerous "checklist"! The previous poster is absolutely correct - always power on the transmitter BEFORE powering on the PV2. This is fundamental to all RC hobbies.

And what kind of checklist has no reference at all to the pre-flight checks for satellites, home point confirmation etc.?

rickasaurus said:
What a useless, even dangerous "checklist"! The previous poster is absolutely correct - always power on the transmitter BEFORE powering on the PV2. This is fundamental to all RC hobbies.

And what kind of checklist has no reference at all to the pre-flight checks for satellites, home point confirmation etc.?

I disagree. The OP took the time to create something that could add value to the community. I applaud him for that. Sure there are corrections to be made... and additions/clarifications but what purpose does it serve to just make negative remarks for someone who is actually try to help? He didn't say it was the FINAL version and requested feedback and input (yes.. feedback does include negative.. but I think positive feedback helps makes this forum better for all of us.

Do not launch or land on hard surfaces such as driveways, parking lots. Use a grass area. I use a square puzzle pad piece that snap together and used for exercise usually.

Where are you located in Indiana?

IndianaDronez said:
What else would you add to the list?

I would take down that video... Get more feedback from this thread and others... Start again and make something solid with industry standard practices followed and eliminate any bad advice.

Especially if you're gonna call it "the ultimate" or whatever :ugeek:

Good points...

It's a solid video... Editing and text and music instead of boring narrative... Good video

The strongest point... The way you handle your gear... More people need to see that... Gentle with the gimbal clamp and lens cap etc... I vote for a lot more of that type of technique training that will keep peoples hardware top shape for the air... !!!

dbfletcher said:
rickasaurus said:

I disagree. The OP took the time to create something that could add value to the community. I applaud him for that. Sure there are corrections to be made... and additions/clarifications but what purpose does it serve to just make negative remarks for someone who is actually try to help? He didn't say it was the FINAL version and requested feedback and input (yes.. feedback does include negative.. but I think positive feedback helps makes this forum better for all of us.

Applaude him for what? Posting a wrong and dangerous video that clearly goes against everything one is supposed to do...e.g. POWER ON THE RC FIRST? Take it down

DBS said:
Definitely take it down... But don't hammer the guy for trying... He's on the right track for sure... Just needs some tweakage :ugeek:

right track? When you post something with the title.."The Ultimate prefiight..." it better be correct!

Often [new] people are eager to post and contribute but must realize there are members here with years of Phantom as well as R/C experience.

Calling your list the 'ultimate' is a bit narcissistic and likely to generate some negative feedback amongst the more experienced.

The idiom 'Fools rush in' comes to mind.

I agree my comments were a bit harsh, but I was kinda annoyed that someone would publish a flight checklist video, even if it is a first "edition", without doing even the most basic homework, and then expect everyone else to correct it and provide the needed additional information.

He should take it down until it is in a more comprehensive and accurate form, then people don't mind helping to fine tune or enhance it.

rickasaurus said:
I agree my comments were a bit harsh, but I was kinda annoyed that someone would publish a flight checklist video, even if it is a first "edition", without doing even the most basic homework, and then expect everyone else to correct it and provide the needed additional information.

He should take it down until it is in a more comprehensive and accurate form, then people don't mind helping to fine tune or enhance it.

I did not find them harsh. True as spoken

Great feedback! Exactly what we are looking for. Will definitely add those changes in.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl