dji phantom v1.1.1 question

rah

Reaction score
i cant seem to find an answer to this question. will buying carbon fiber propellers benefit my copter? i obviously have the self tightening version but i read somewhere that buying carbon fiber is not a big difference. i looked in the forum but could not get a definite answer.
if there are beneficial then which ones are the best and where can i get them...i'm in the U.S.

If you want an improvement over stock, purchase Phantom 2 props. They're more agressive, will more than likely get you more flight time and are cheaper than carbon props. Carbon props are a very little improvement over stock because they don't flex as much, but drawback is they're more brittle and are less forgiving if you bump something. The P2 props are available in self tightening also.

EMCSQUAR said:
If you want an improvement over stock, purchase Phantom 2 props.

I want to get the Phantom 2 vision props for my 1.1.1, but I could have sworn I read that if I do that, the threading is off and the motors need to be either replaced or moved. is that true? Or is it as simple as buying them and replacing the old props?

EMCSQUAR said:
If you want an improvement over stock, purchase Phantom 2 props. They're more agressive, will more than likely get you more flight time and are cheaper than carbon props. Carbon props are a very little improvement over stock because they don't flex as much, but drawback is they're more brittle and are less forgiving if you bump something. The P2 props are available in self tightening also.

thanks for the heads up! carbon props seem to much work for very little gain

rah said:
EMCSQUAR said:

thanks for the heads up! carbon props seem to much work for very little gain
I would actually say the gains are the same but you get added benefit from the carbon props being lighter. My cf 9443s provide the same flight time increases as I've seen on the plastic versions. Carbon props are all knockoffs though, so you will need to spend time balancing them.

So IMO it may be "too much work for the same gains." :)

kydan said:
EMCSQUAR said:
If you want an improvement over stock, purchase Phantom 2 props.

I want to get the Phantom 2 vision props for my 1.1.1, but I could have sworn I read that if I do that, the threading is off and the motors need to be either replaced or moved. is that true? Or is it as simple as buying them and replacing the old props?

Your 1.1.1 should have come with the cross-threaded motors needed to use the P2 props. It's easy to check, the threads on two of them should twist in the opposite direction as on the other two.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl