DJI Phantom 2 vs Vision+ for FPV flying? (+ Shopping List)

Reaction score
I am having a heck of a time deciding between these two quads for first-time FPV flying!

On the one hand I like the "all in one" nature of the V+ and do already own an iPhone, but know I'd get much better quality footage out of the Hero 3 Black I already have.

I'm also finding that a Phantom 2 can get rather expensive, even with mid-level parts:

P2 w/H3-3D - $959
DJI iOSD Mini - $70
Immersion 5.8GHz transmitter - $70
No-solder wiring harness - $21
Black Pearl 7" LCD w/Receiver & Battery - $205
LCD Mount - $12

Up to $1337 plus shipping to Canada... but I understand the stock antennas are garbage for range, so as far as I know I'd also need:

5.8 GHz SpiroNET Omni SMA Antenna Set - $40

...and ideally,

5.8 GHz SpiroNET Patch Antenna - $69

$1446, but one battery probably isn't enough, so there's another $160 (why oh why aren't they offering the 50% off second battery special for the P2)... bringing the grand total up to $1606 with a camera I already own, while the V+ is $1369 with two batteries and the iPhone I already own (which will admittedly be a bit on the small side).

First: is my collection of P2 parts reasonable? Am I missing anything important - or are there better choices?

Second... assuming the P2 package above and the V+ out of the box, which would offer a more stable and/or enjoyable FPV experience in a suburban environment?

Thanks for any assistance!

Re: DJI Phantom 2 vs Vision+ for FPV flying? (+ Shopping Lis

Go with the P2! not much more than you are already spending and the quality is WAY better.

Agreed. as a Vision owner, who just sold it, and bought a P2 with the gimbal it's the way to go. You're not tied to some funky 5.8ghz frequency, vs 2.4 and you can support any type of fpv you want.

Thanks... I both like and hate the modularity of the base P2 system - like because I'm not stuck with any one thing, and hate because I don't know how well everything will work together, or even where to install it!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing