DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ in solid red light (HELP)

Reaction score
My phantom 2 Vision + earlier time fail to calibrate for GPS calibration.
Few weeks then it in solid red light and motor will not start after firmware upgrade.
I did a hard reset for it and the problem still there.
Compass Err shows when connected. MOD value 0.

is it compass cause it ?
anyway to replace it by myself or need to send back for repair ?

Need help for all professional pilots here.
Thanks and appreciated. :D

Last edited:
Hello
Yes possibly compass failure, or bad connection in wire or connectors. Very simple fix. If it has older style compass, just unplug wire, unscrew compass, and replace,
If anti-static compass, just pop off top plastic cover ( it snaps on-off ) , unplug wire, and replace compass.

They are cheap, and easy to fix, I would open cover/check plug is fully inserted at compass board, it may have come loose? Also I would open phantom , and check the connection on mainboard as well.

Let us know, if you get it fixed!

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: T.O.P and dirkclod
Hello
Yes possibly compass failure, or bad connection in wire or connectors. Very simple fix. If it has older style compass, just unplug wire, unscrew compass, and replace,
If anti-static compass, just pop off top plastic cover ( it snaps on-off ) , unplug wire, and replace compass.

They are cheap, and easy to fix, I would open cover/check plug is fully inserted at compass board, it may have come loose? Also I would open phantom , and check the connection on mainboard as well.

Let us know, if you get it fixed!

J Dot

Even propeller motor can't start ??? is it normal ??

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Finally solved anti static compass err.
It's actually just loose cable on it.
Unpluged and plug in it and it's solved.

But when i try to do calibration in GPS mode and result with this blinking light. Propeller motor arm can't start up.

Any idea ???? Arggh [emoji31][emoji31]

I would do a FULL calibration.
1) hook Tx to RC assistant, do calibration ( BOTH STICKS, S1, S2, and Dial Wheel )
This will calibrate your Tx.

Now
( NOTE: being a plus, with internal wifi unit, can get extremely hot, so PLACE A FAN ON CRAFT WHILE DOING THE STEPS BELOW, to help keep things cool, ALSO PROPS OFF!
Ok,
2) hook phantom to PC assistant.
( under BASIC, RC tab, ) calibrate Tx here AGAIN, ( both sticks, S1/S2, and Dial Wheel )
This will calibrate your Tx to the Phantom!

Now
3) Advanced Tab, do a ADVANCED IMU CALIBRATION . Keep phantom level ( all directions ) and stable, if you get the message IMU TOO HOT, just click through it ) , once complete,

Lastly
4) do a FRESH compass calibration

This should be back to factory settings, smooth and stable!

Let us know?

J Dot

I did all of the above.
When i try to start propeller motor it turn blinking red like below.
PS: gps calibration still failed and blinking like the first video i posted. ;(

Last edited:
When you hooked the phantom to PC assistant what were your compass mod values? After you got it working, and the compass in the video looks like it is loose and dangling, this can cause a false reading, put the cover back on, but see if you are getting a reading on mod value in PC assistant, the compass may be messed up?

Has this been crashed? Or problem just started out of the blue?
Reason I ask, if crash your ceramic antenna on GPS could be cracked or broken, it is under the top housing, but requires you open the phantom to inspect.

Let me know.

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod and T.O.P
Thanks @J Dot for your guide all the way.
Never crash before.
GPS mod value : 891.XX something

Will give it another try with anti static compass cover back.
Let you know soon. :D

Finally i can start my P2V+ motor!!!
Problem solved!! So happy!!! :D

I open up the top housing and the ceramic antenna it's actually loose. Plug it in and my motor can start finally.

Tried to do Gps calibration and the lights blinking as show in video but not green with front both solid red when i start the arm.

PS: I removed my gimbal camera.
Is it normal ? Can i fly with it now ?

Last edited:
No DO NOT FLY!
Red lights mean a problem.
Fast blinking red usually means critically low battery, non-intelligent battery, or IMU error.
Are you in phantom mode, or naza mode?
Also what version firmware you running?
I'm glad to help, but please be patient, and Please DONT FLY YET, let's fix it 100% first, so you can enjoy MANY good flights!

Please let me know, now that you got it hooked up correctly you might try a fresh advanced calibration on the IMU, and a compass cal, but might require reinstalling firmware? But not yet, want to try a few things first.

J DOT

Reactions: dirkclod
It's running in phantom mode and latest firmware version 3.14. [emoji16]

Yes
Something is up?
Are both your toggles UP ( s1/s2 ) up in GPS mode?

Should get all 4 arm lights to light up, then the doodle-doodle-doodle-do, then all 3 light display, then rear lights flashing yellow slowly until satelites lock is established ( 6 or more ) than a fast blinking green ( HOMELOCK ) than a slow green ( safe to fly GPS mode )
Once you start motors front arms glow red, solid, back arm should be green slow ( good GPS ) yellow slow ( less than 6 satelites GPS not optimal ) or ATTI mode.

Can you post a video of startup, sat lock and motor start? So I can see what happening?

First , since you are the newest firmware, go ahead and reinstall it through PC assistant, than redo the steps
Calibrate TX through RC assistant,
Calibrate TX through PC assistant
Advanced IMU calibration
Fresh compass calibration.

Also how and where you calibrating compass?
Should be an open field or similar, enter compass cal ( in app, or by toggling s1 toggle 8-10 times,
First spin phantom 360 degrees, round with bird positioned like it would sit on the ground, lights change from solid yellow, to green, not turn phantom so camera faces ground ( like it is nose diving ) spin 360 degrees round , lights change to blinking green ( 6+ sat ), or blinking yellow ( 5- sats ).

If not like above we have a problem with compass.

Also when you hook bird to PC assistant ( write down your mod values
1) compass
2) accelerometer
3) gyroscope

They should be stable mostly, if any are jumping around there is a problem, but let me know the values, thank you

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod

Here's the video of my P2V+
Yes. It's blinking yellow back light and solid red in front when i start the arm.

And here's the MOD value looks normal for me.
501acb165aca49ed10abd0cc6066ef2e.jpg

1220726de5d31ccad7d43002152829b6.jpg

Yes
Looks good until compass calibration, looks like it is failing to calibrate correctly? Lights all look good until that point.

Try to do the calibration outside away from power lines, and all other interferance, those lights should go back to slow yellow ( less than 6 satelites ) or slow green ( 6 or more satelites ) yours is going to fast red, calibration fail?

Let me know what happens outside when you do it?
Thanks.

J Dot

Reactions: T.O.P and dirkclod
Finally tried after some days at open field. Finally solved!! It goes to slow green .

Thank you @J Dot [emoji38][emoji6][emoji1]

Reactions: J Dot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan