DJI is opening an indoor drone racing arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
DJI is opening an indoor drone arena for first-time fliers and professionals alike
Coming to South Korea later this month
dji-drone-arena.jpg

Dronemaker DJI has already opened physical stores in China and South Korea, but now it's expanding its consumer outreach with its first ever 'drone arena.' The 1,395-square-meter arena will open later this month in Yongin, a city in the south of Seoul's greater metropolitan area. DJI says the indoor venue will be kitted out with safety nets, an LED-light circuit for advanced pilots, and support for first-person-view flying. There'll also be a small workshop for carrying out minor repairs.

Moon Tae-hyun, DJI's manager in South Korea, said the company wants to make drones "more accessible and easier to learn," and that the venue will be available to individual and group bookings. UAV clubs and skilled pilots can also book the arena for drone racing events, and more advanced tutorials. "We hope to provide a safe and fun environment for people to experience the technology first hand, whether they are skilled enthusiasts or someone who is just curious to learn," says Moon.

It's an interesting expansion of DJI's physical presence, and it'll be interesting to see how popular the arena is. After all, as drones and drone racing becomes increasingly mainstream, many young pilots will be looking for a safe place to fly. If you're stuck in the middle of a city, then these might be few and far between. Maybe one day a drone arena will be as standard in any big city as a sports stadium.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Yiannis.B
So what DJI aircraft us used to race around something like this?

The future is bright... And drone racing is the new black. Hahaha

If you don't like it, don't come.. ;-)
Others do enjoy this stuff, and for us, it's a blast. Ha

As the RC hobby and digital electronics combine and mature, totally new things, of awesome & interesting proportions, bigger events are about to sprout wings.
I can envision many new and exciting innovative models on the straight horizon.

RedHotPoker

Hahaha, yeah good forthought. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Is DJI coming out with a racer? I can't see Phantoms as serious in this space although it would be fun to zip around in a setup like that. Don't racers typically use analog RC controls to minimize delay?

The future is bright... And drone racing is the new black. Hahaha

If you don't like it, don't come.. ;-)
Others do enjoy this stuff, and for us, it's a blast. Ha

As the RC hobby and digital electronics combine and mature, totally new things, of awesome & interesting proportions, bigger events are about to sprout wings.
I can envision many new and exciting innovative models on the straight horizon.

RedHotPoker

You don't by chance nurse the bottle on occasion, do you?

I seriously have a hard time figuring out where a response like you gave would come from someone that only asked a basic question about a type of aircraft.

So what DJI aircraft us used to race around something like this?
I want to try it once with my Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

You don't by chance nurse the bottle on occasion, do you?

I seriously have a hard time figuring out where a response like you gave would come from someone that only asked a basic question about a type of aircraft.
Only for education, & medicinal purposes, like when I need to perform serious brain surgery. Seriously, I thought he had said, "So what." And was only defending my honor, Sir.
I at first, misunderstood his meaning, and question. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan