DJI GS PRO Link

It's not available for Android yet.

I predict that Litchi will have the "GEO FENCE" within a few releases.

I predict that Litchi will have the "GEO FENCE" within a few releases.
The fence option works very good on the app from Vertical Studio. As the Phantom approaches the fence is starts to slow so that it never passed the fence. It reacts based on the speed of the Phantom as well.

Reactions: LeeSenes
Obviously appears aimed at mapping use, appealing to "commercial" usage. Appears that DJI also agrees that there will be an increasing demand for using the Phantom for mapping (2D and 3D).

Just installed it, but it's going to be a while before I can try it out. Weather here in west central Ohio is going to be ugly (as far as phantom pilots are concerns) for the next week☹️

Appears that DJI also agrees that there will be an increasing demand for using the Phantom for mapping (2D and 3D).

....hmmm. Very interesting. The DJI app page states, "The image data captured during these flights can be input into 3D reconstruction software to generate 3D maps...." It would be really interesting if some open-source patch-based multi view stereo software would be available, to render all the photo frames taken by DJI GS Pro (the photos synchronized to GPS geo-tagged images, or GeoJPEG photographs). That way, we wouldn't have to contract out to a cloud 3D rendering service to piece together our series of pictures that were taken along the flight-path!

It looks like yes, DJI GS Pro captures the images in the planned automated flights.....but, the app has no 3D reconstruction capability..............(yet ??).

Just had a quick play with the app, doesnt look bad, must download the manual and have a good read then play
What gets me, how hard is it to put + / - on the controls to get the exact numbers you want, sliders are ok but they move so much

Just had a quick play with the app, doesnt look bad, must download the manual and have a good read then play
What gets me, how hard is it to put + / - on the controls to get the exact numbers you want, sliders are ok but they move so much
Got the manual, now found the + / - buttons

It looks like yes, DJI GS Pro captures the images in the planned automated flights.....but, the app has no 3D reconstruction capability..............(yet ??).
I don't see DJI wanting to get into that business. They are good at selling drones, not creating and maintaining separate software packages. At it stands (and I suspect it will happen) I see DJI just letting this app go and never bothering to support it in any way.

....actually, the only real application I have for a P4P is pretty well flying automated transects to capture images/data for mapping/remote-sensing LOL!

....I imagine that full video (rather than stills) geo-reconstruction (say, from 4k 24 or 30) to 3D is not far off (probably to be provided by 3rd party cloud and client-side services)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik