dji goggles and single opoerator

Reaction score
why are the couple of reviews I have watched or read make sure to tell you you need two people to use these things? I live in a small farm and i can surely tell where the drone is from looking through the goggles. What am I missing?

Because to fully comply with the regulations you're meant to fly within line of sight, so that you can see the drone and also see what's going on around you in the sky. If you fly with goggles, you're meant to have a spotter with you to see what else is in the sky, and warn you of any danger. With goggles on, you can only see what's in front of you and have no idea of what's behind/above/to the side.

Well, here I am flying along straight and level. I can't really see myself from an outside perspective, I can look up, forward, and both sides. I can't without turning, really see behind me or below me without flying a pretty steep banking turn. Nobody is actively looking at me from the ground, unless they're really curious, and even if they did nobody's talking to me telling me how I'm doing (good or bad).

The description above is pretty much what you get flying solo in a basic "stick and rudder" aircraft. With say, the new DJI headset, You can't see up (well not much), you see forward, downward, and side to side (not sure how many degrees of vision are spec'd). I know the FAA has another "view" on this and certainly most Phantom pilots don't have experience of that perspective (although quite a few here do). To whit, I think I'd be fairly comfortable "flying solo" with a set of these, and since I'm unlikely to climb into a full-size cockpit again, this might be the next best thing.

Because to fully comply with the regulations you're meant to fly within line of sight, so that you can see the drone and also see what's going on around you in the sky. If you fly with goggles, you're meant to have a spotter with you to see what else is in the sky, and warn you of any danger. With goggles on, you can only see what's in front of you and have no idea of what's behind/above/to the side.

I live in the sticks and lots of open sky. If I can see what the drone is seeing, then I know exactly where it is, and I do mean to fly within line of sight. I cringe at the thought of the 2-3 mile flights some claim on this forum

Reactions: Fester
Well, here I am flying along straight and level. I can't really see myself from an outside perspective, I can look up, forward, and both sides. I can't without turning, really see behind me or below me without flying a pretty steep banking turn. Nobody is actively looking at me from the ground, unless they're really curious, and even if they did nobody's talking to me telling me how I'm doing (good or bad).

The description above is pretty much what you get flying solo in a basic "stick and rudder" aircraft. With say, the new DJI headset, You can't see up (well not much), you see forward, downward, and side to side (not sure how many degrees of vision are spec'd). I know the FAA has another "view" on this and certainly most Phantom pilots don't have experience of that perspective (although quite a few here do). To whit, I think I'd be fairly comfortable "flying solo" with a set of these, and since I'm unlikely to climb into a full-size cockpit again, this might be the next best thing.

I quite agree with you. I fly for a major airline, and FPV would be second nature with the drone I think. Now to wait for the Phantom 5? and the goggles to be readily available

Reactions: Fester

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen