DJI go iOS update 2.9.0

Reaction score
update for iOS users.

Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 13.40.04.png

It looks slightly different but can't put my finger on it.
Not flown it yet, been too hot out today.

I had a difficult time installing it. My iPad said Loading and Waiting a lot and seemed stuck. I had to resort to plugging into Windows and iTunes, removing it from there, and then re-downloading it. I think there are some bugs in the color settings though when changing between photos and movie modes as it seems to forget and shows something different set at times in the second title bar on the main screen. Dunno.

"Fixed Stability-related bugs"

I hate when updates are vague. That means if you have a bug you have to go and try to reproduce the bug (potentially risky) just to see if it doesn't screw up!

It's like the updates for Facebook products on phones: They release a new version every single two weeks - and it just says, "Stability and performance improvements" that's it. Always.

Reactions: tcope
I have just updated to this and now my iPad Air 2 is shutting down? App is crashing and scared the heck out of me.

I have never had the Go app shut down and Ive been flying it every day for the last two months now. Hopefully it was random because I got the IPad Air 2 cellular three weeks ago and it's been flawless till today.

I was eight hundred feet out and the app shut down. Thankfully I had LOS and turned back while restarting DJI Go. The next flight was Litchi with no issues.

800?

I was 16,000 feet out over water and the iPad itself overheated (it's space gray and was in 96 degree sunshine) and shutdown completely. Had to cool it on my car under ac for two minutes. Reconnected and there it was, hovering, 3 miles out 80 feet above the lake. (It was still connected to the controller so didn't auto RTH)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

800?

I was 16,000 feet out over water and the iPad itself overheated (it's space gray and was in 96 degree sunshine) and shutdown completely. Had to cool it on my car under ac for two minutes. Reconnected and there it was, hovering, 3 miles out 80 feet above the lake. (It was still connected to the controller so didn't auto RTH)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I would of freaked out ! Hit RTH lol. I noticed my iPad got hot the other day and only flew 50% of the battery.

Only once have I had a problem about 3 or 4 months ago, it was third party app that just froze on me, rebooted app and all was ok.

Apparently version 2.9.1 was just released, hopefully they found and squished a few more bugs.
The "reduced power usage during live" sounds good, I have noticed that while live streaming I do go through power much quicker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl