Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Dji go app work on iPhone 5s?

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Djw93, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Djw93

I have a p3a and use a iPad Air and it all runs smooth, but I know my iPhone 5 does not run the go app smoothly.

My sister in law wants to buy a p3s and run the go app with her iPhone 5s. Will it run the app without lag? If not what is a cheap tablet that will work well?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

The iPhone 5s is not commonly used, but it's on DJI's list of recommended devices. You can find a complete list of devices they recommend here.

3. Pharm

Runs fine on my 5s. I also use an Ipad mini 2 (WIFI only) and it runs fine on that as well. I have a P3S.

4. fadyz

i'm using iphone 5, and it run very fine without any issues. I'm rather confuse why many other people complaining having difficulties using on older phone. My old iphone 5 doing very fine

5. dg8882

I fly with a 5s, only issue is when I first started flying, the fpv had extreme lag when switching to video mode. I disabled the video cache and I haven't had and performance issues.
    The screen size is VERY small for fpv flights however. My friend let me fly with a tablet and I couldn't believe how much better the bigger screen is.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

6. RodPad