Dji go app degrades original quality

Reaction score
hey guys so I've been having an issue. I got my drone in June when the pilot app was still around. I left for 5 months and when I came back I updated the firmware and app to dji go. I noticed the quality doesn't look as good and I went back to my June footage. That stuff looked great! Sharp, little noise and a nice flat image on log... Now there's 2 log profiles and I kept it on log cine like... The image is much softer and contrastier so I went into my sharpness, raised it to 3 and that seems like it solved the soft issue and looks like it did somewhat... Then I screwed with the contrast settings but it just doesn't look as good... What can I do? Is it possible to downgrade to the June firmware and get the pilot app back or can someone fill me in on what I can set my cameras settings to so it matches the old log profile? I'm wondering if dji did this so they can compete with their own newer cameras like the Osmo and x5

The clue is in what you wrote, Log Cine is a new addition - if you want it on log as before, use the other one - or go for one of the other styles.
Log is really only suitable if you are going to colour grade the footage afterwards.
It's quite unusual to use the log mode then try to make it sharp and contrasty by adding custom settings.

Thats fine. I do grade the footage in davinci. So, you say that log-D is the original log? I noticed if I bump the sharpness to +3 it looks the same as 0 on the pilot app. whats the deal? I also notice that 0 on contrast is still a bit too contrasty... if i pull the contrast down then it gets noisy. why did they make it so difficult.

I also did sharpness tests and found that keeping the sharpness setting to 0 or -3 it's pretty much unsavable. I sharpened the footage from 0 and it's no where near as sharp as just keeping the setting on 2 or 3. it muddys up the image on 0 and keeps it that way even after post sharpening

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl