DJI Go and Litchi...

Reaction score
Just to get a basic idea. Do I need to setup both software with the AC? Meaning should I setup parameters with DJI Go to the AC then, close down DJI Go and restart the AC and start Litchi and then setup parameters with it? Hope this make sense.

They do not like each other at all. Like trying to live with two women, all they will do is fight and sabotage the other one. If you try to have both installed on the same device, you will discover after much anguish that even though you tell one to stop, it will sneak around and run in the background and cripple the other.

I know some have mentioned having issues with both being installed on Android but, haven't seem much about that with IOS. My bigger concern is that DJI Go has parameters that aren't in Litchi , ie, smart return to home and others and I'm wondering if those need to be set or when I run Litchi, do all those parameters go out the window and Litchi alone sets the parameters when I run up the AC?

Stoner :) As far as I know in Android, the two do not share any information. There may be a few settings which are uploaded by to the bird by an application, but I would not count on it. I have both, but DJI Go is on one tablet and Litchi is on another tablet. I have had Litchi for some time, based on the glowing comments about it here. It has a small, rabid dog fan base here on PhantPilot, and also, many contrasting reports of lost drones, which are refuted by "Operator Error" investigation conclusions. I have fooled around with Litchi a little, but not enough to be considered knowledgeable. I am just afraid to use it. That is just my 2 cents worth.

I have both installed on my Galaxy S7. Seem to run fine. Litchi is a little weird to start up, usually I have to start go, link to quad, then close go and fire up litchi. Odd. I've only had litchi for about a week and I already fully trust it with long waypoint missions where it's disconnected for majority. I never loose connection with the controller though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

They do not like each other at all. Like trying to live with two women, all they will do is fight and sabotage the other one. If you try to have both installed on the same device, you will discover after much anguish that even though you tell one to stop, it will sneak around and run in the background and cripple the other.
I have both and never had an issue....

Reactions: Apilot101
A simple way to have both apps running on the same phone is to use the second Space if you have a Xiaomi phone running Mi 8 operating system as a redmi Note 3 Pro... Dji Go on the regular Space and litchi on the second one !!! Working great...

I have Go and Litchi both on my Samsung phone and tablet with no problems on either. I actually prefer Litchi now. I also block Go from its update and server. It's preference.

I have both on my Nividia shield, never had an issue with either interfering with each other.
I do tend to use Litchi almost all the time, Couple of things to do, What you want your bird to do on completing a mission for example, Hover, or return to home, I hit RTH, & always make my last waypoint close to home point too.
But, other than a few settings to watch, both work perfectly.
The shield- Once bird/RC are fired up, plug in the shield- both icons show up, hit one you want & then "Once or always" comes up- Hit "once" & I;m in the air in minutes.

I have had both installed on my iPad mini 2 p3a and never had an issue.. Just make sure you are only using ONE at a time, like don't even have the other app you arnt using open in the backround, as long as it's closed complelty and you only are running one of the apps at a time there won't be an issue.. Least not for me..

One thing I did notice is often when I go from litchi back to dji some of my settings will change even tho I changed nothing in litchi.. But that's not a big problem just always make sure to check all your settings again before take off and go have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had both installed on my iPad mini 2 p3a and never had an issue.. Just make sure you are only using ONE at a time, like don't even have the other app you arnt using open in the backround, as long as it's closed complelty and you only are running one of the apps at a time there won't be an issue.. Least not for me..

One thing I did notice is often when I go from litchi back to dji some of my settings will change even tho I changed nothing in litchi.. But that's not a big problem just always make sure to check all your settings again before take off and go have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have both on my mini 3 with no problems. Just yesterday, I switched back and forth between the two apps while the bird was in the air with no issues.

This is what is on the FlyLitchi site, I did not think I was losing my marbles, just most of my memory. :eek:

Info Make sure to watch this video tutorial.
Known issue For Samsung Galaxy S5, Xiaomi Mi5 and LG G4 devices running Android 6+, connecting to Litchi with any aircraft model except the P3 Standard/P3 4K will only work if Litchi is the only DJI-based app installed on the device (DJI Go, or other third party DJI apps must not be installed on the same device).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl