DJI direct order fears!

Reaction score
So yesterday I ordered the Phantom 4 and two extra batteries from the DJI website. Today I began to uncover many stories of woeful service and warnings not to buy direct from DJI. I've emailed and requested my order (which is pending) to be cancelled.

I feel silly for not researching this properly before taking the plunge. It would also seem my local Apple Store has both the 4 and spare batteries available anyway so double stupid!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So yesterday I ordered the Phantom 4 and two extra batteries from the DJI website. Today I began to uncover many stories of woeful service and warnings not to buy direct from DJI. I've emailed and requested my order (which is pending) to be cancelled.

I feel silly for not researching this properly before taking the plunge. It would also seem my local Apple Store has both the 4 and spare batteries available anyway so double stupid!

Where are you ordering from? (You in UK/US?)

I'm sure you have plenty of time to cancel the order. I was three weeks in it before I finally canceled and visited the Apple Store. I was unable to use the chat as it continued to say they were busy and to leave an email with my concerns. I did just that and within 24 hours I had a confirmed cancelation. Within 72 hours all funds were reversed including the foreign transaction surcharge.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for that. I'll see where I get with them tomorrow.

I'm in the UK

I am in UK too and ordered mine direct from DJI. I had absolutely no problems with my order and got it very swiftly. Where are you getting your information from?

On principle I will usually order direct from the manufacturer as I do not want to involve any third party if I need communications for whatever reason.

There are a ton of people on here warning of the dangers of ordering direct from DJI, particularly if you have any hardware issues. Customer service is supposed to be shocking. May I ask how long your order took to arrive?

Why is ordering from DJI such a big issue? They are cheaper than most local shops, and their shipping is fast.

If something goes wrong and they refuse you rightful service you are entitled to under local laws, just issue a chargeback. Problem solved.

Why is ordering from DJI such a big issue? They are cheaper than most local shops, and their shipping is fast.

If something goes wrong and they refuse you rightful service you are entitled to under local laws, just issue a chargeback. Problem solved.
EXACTLY!

There are a ton of people on here warning of the dangers of ordering direct from DJI, particularly if you have any hardware issues. Customer service is supposed to be shocking. May I ask how long your order took to arrive?

I ordered mine on 2nd March direct from DJI, Received it 17th (1 day after launch).

Ordered mine on the 12th of March direct from DJI. Thought for sure it would take a while to get to me as it was just before the release date. I live in very rural Montana. It got here on the 21st. Nine days total. No big deal. Much quicker than I originally anticipated.

I had a great experience - 1 week from placing my order with DJI to delivery in Canada. All shipping, tax & duties were paid by DJI. Trackable delivery by FedEx so I knew exactly when it would arrive. I was pleased with DJI's service.

There's no issue buying direct. I got mine as fast as anyone and all is good! You're fine!

Originally I felt the same and wanted to do business directly with DJI. II didn't even realize the break I would get on no tax. It was only because the Apple Store had one on the shelve that I grabbed it.
I had pre ordered batteries and props separately but after three weeks they had not shipped so I canceled and bought at the Apple Store. My son ordered batteries and props a week AFTER ME and got them in days, same town and same payment method.
My Phantom had a manufacturing defect and since I bought it at Apple I was able to walk in with it and walk out with another no questions asked. The downside is if I had gotten it from DJI I would have had to wait for a shipping sticker to arrive, ship it back for inspection and then wait for a repair or a replacement to be sent out.
I'm not on either side of the fence with DJI. In my case you can see the obvious advantages I had with Apple. It was only by chance that it ended up that way. What I wonder about now is should something go wrong a few months down the road will my purchase at Apple hinder my course for repair? I doubt it but it is the only negative possibility I can imagine.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Fitcherama did you end up going to the Apple Store to get it? That's where I got mine, simply because I didn't feel like waiting on shipping, it was the same price and I was able to go it on Sunday

I ordered from DJI on a Sat. evening and got my stuff at my door on the following Fri. before noon.

I'm near Moronto Bantario Canukistan

I'm just going to confirm that my order is cancelled tomorrow then go to the Apple Store. If not, then I'll stay with DJI and hope there are no hardware issues. I'm not intending to bash DJI with this thread - simply reacting to a great deal of negativity (on this forum) about purchasing directly.

I've purchased many products from DJI directly and never had trouble with their service. Their shipping is not as fast as Amazon Prime, but it's on par with other companies I buy from online.

I ordered from DJI on a Sat. evening and got my stuff at my door on the following Fri. before noon.

I'm near Moronto Bantario Canukistan

My battery was a while to wait. I emailed them and in hours they sent me a tracking number and asked me to reconsider returning it!

Order, complain, and they'll ship it from California

I had ordered an inspire and 2 P3P's directly from DJI with no problems on the shipping time span,but not when they were just released. I usually wait before I buy a new version of anything, but this time pulled the trigger on the 4 and thought I better buy it locally. Sure enough I had an issue with the USB port first day on the 4 and had to exchange it for another one. Fast and easy exchange. If you can afford the tax buy one locally while DJI is working out some of the bugs. And even so, I really havnt heard of alot of buggy P 4s. Just the pilots complaining about the batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl