DJI Assistant 2 problems with Vision calibrating

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just noticed an alert when I fired up my P4P this am. It's saying the vision system needs calibrated. When I get into Assistant and the calibrating area it just keeps telling me I need to reboot my bird. I do that and it just goes right back to saying reboot again. I shut down everything and tried again to no avail. Any suggestions on why i'm getting this? It did ask me every time to update the Geofencing update in Assistant which I ignored both time I opened it up. But could that be causing it to not want to calibrate the vision system somehow? I wouldn't think so. Should I try to calibrate it through the app maybe?

You can’t calibrate the vision system through the app.
When you are connected to your computer with assistant 2 running, when you turn on the ac, does assistant recognize that it’s a p4p?

Reactions: Hounddog
You can’t calibrate the vision system through the app.
When you are connected to your computer with assistant 2 running, when you turn on the ac, does assistant recognize that it’s a p4p?
Thx for reply Starz! Yes it does recognize it. I can go in and look at updates and everything else but the calibration process won't work yet. Just keeps saying reboot ac. And then it thinks for a min and then back to reboot ac.

Try a different cable?
I did not but I will if that's a possible. My computer did strangely say there was a problem with this drive when I plug my bird in though. And I let Windows fix it. Not sure if that could be something or not. The SD card comes up and that is all fine though.

Cable didn't help it Starz. Windows is telling me its a driver error on the bird. And now it won't even pull up the SD card as a browser window either. So how do I fix a driver error on the bird?

I think the driver is coming from the assistant download. To my knowledge,there isn’t a driver in the ac. What assistant version are you working with? And your sure it’s the assistant for phantom?

Watch this. Let me know if this is how you’re doing it.
Yeah this is exactly like I'm doing it. But I never get to the dots screen because it goes to reboot my aircraft at the bottom of the calibration page. I just rolled back one version of firmware and tried it again. Same results. Goes right to reboot your aircraft again.

Next I would try a different computer.
Yeah I'm betting it's a Windows 10 issue with newer updates or whatever that's causing this. I had no problems with my older Windows 7 version machine. But it is now offline. Dang it!

Have you contacted DJI support?
No I have not JMFinch. So cold here not been flying much anyway. And it flies fine too. Just have the indication that VPS needs calibrated. I just tried downloading Assistant again from the above download center that Starz mentioned. It did exactly the same thing. So now I will have to contact DJI support for sure. What's the best way to get in touch with them? By phone?

No I have not JMFinch. So cold here not been flying much anyway. And it flies fine too. Just have the indication that VPS needs calibrated. I just tried downloading Assistant again from the above download center that Starz mentioned. It did exactly the same thing. So now I will have to contact DJI support for sure. What's the best way to get in touch with them? By phone?
Dji.com > support. I like to use chat but you can call them also. There is usually only a short wait with either method. Only Monday through Friday.

Keeep us posted. I too am intrigued.

It sounds like a driver issue.

I would uninstall Assistant, and reboot.

Download USBDeview here and run it and remove anything you see having to DJI. Reboot.

Re-install Assistant.

Profit (I hope) le me know!

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z