DJI Assistant 2 has virus

Reaction score
Not what I expected from a reputable company. Seems DJI can't be trusted!!

Was trying to calibrate vision system after receiving warnings on DJI Go 4. Also Phantom 4 losing altitude regularly. After 4th failed attempt to calibrate, decided to upgrade DJI Assistant 2 from V2+1.1.2_2 to V2+1.2.0 to see if upgrade would work better.

After install, Norton discovers a virus. Thanks DJI!!!

Was trying to calibrate vision system after receiving warnings on DJI Go 4. Also Phantom 4 losing altitude regularly. After 4th failed attempt to calibrate, decided to upgrade DJI Assistant 2 from V2+1.1.2_2 to V2+1.2.0 to see if upgrade would work better.

While ANY website can be compromised due to malware and hacker attacks, I would not rule out a FALSE positive for a moment. I would submit the file to other sources for verification before I went on a witch hunt.

I'd highly suggest running MalwareBytes over the system to see if it uncovers the same or any other malicious bugs in the system.

My Norton balks frequently on newer files that it does not recognize. I wouldn't panic just yet.

Reactions: BigAl07
You should know that a virus from some other place can hide in many other files in your computer some very important places like windows files and other added software yes it can hide in Dji too ! !...Thats why its good to have a good real time virus protector installed AND UP TO DATE....If its not up to date.Your asking for trouble....Good Luck with what you find and let us know ! seems like No body else has been hit with a virus from Dji and IF we do we will add to your Thread ! have a great day.

You should know that a virus from some other place can hide in many other files in your computer some very important places like windows files and other added software yes it can hide in Dji too ! !...Thats why its good to have a good real time virus protector installed AND UP TO DATE....If its not up to date.Your asking for trouble....Good Luck with what you find and let us know ! seems like No body else has been hit with a virus from Dji and IF we do we will add to your Thread ! have a great day.
It read as a virus on my computer and my wife remove it. I have never used it.

Where did you DL the file from?
I just downloaded 1.1.2_2 and 1.2.0 and both scanned clean. I DL them directly from DJI's page though.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Where did you DL the file from?
I just downloaded 1.1.2_2 and 1.2.0 and both scanned clean. I DL them directly from DJI's page though.
I downloaded from the DJI website. The installer itself is clean. The virus appears after DJI Assistant 2 is installed. The virus is Trojan.Gen.2 in file ..\dji product\dji assistant 2\assistant\visionstarter.exe

Judging by the reaction of you and other members of the forum, the fault may lie with my virus protection. I may owe DJI an apology for my misunderstanding. I will dig deeper and look into running MalwareBytes.

Thanks to everyone who responded on this.

I run the full installation McAfee Total Protection suite with the real time scanning set to "on".

I got no virus warnings during the download, the installation, or since the installation.

Because of this thread, I just completed a full scan of my PC (yes at 6am local). Mcafee shows that there are no virus's. My Malware sweep shows no viruses. I downloaded and installed DJI Assistant 2 on 1 Jan 2018.

I see no signs of a virus nor signs of embedded malware.

v/r rch

Reactions: loktite and BigAl07
Trojan, Tilken.b!d located in file DJRonin2service.dll. Just scanned, found the Trojan, removed it. There was a virus in the DJI Assistant 2. Found by MS Essentials on scan. Downloaded on 12-14-17.

Just DL from DJI. File stats:

MD5:505408551BACF97047F53B7CF0528845
CRC: CB702AA1

Norton Security reports it as safe.

Thanks.

My SEP won't allow it.. And latest scanning definitions. Well, well. I have another computer to run it on without SEP. Thanks again.

upload_2018-1-20_16-13-15.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94