Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI App Alert for Sat Drop

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Beaugolfs, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Beaugolfs

Does anyone think it would be useful for the DJI app to sound an alert when Sats drop below 6? When flying a couple hundred feet up and 1,200 feet away, I would like to know if for some reason my Sats have dropped below 6 without having to look at the App, which is hard to see in the bright sun. If the transmitter stops working when you are below 6 Sats, RTH won't do you any good, right? Just think it would be good to know that I no longer have 6 sats, so I could immediately start flying back very carefully.

2. AHill

+1
    I normally monitor battery level, etc. in flight. Once I have sufficient satellites to take off I probably would not notice if I dropped below 6 satellites during the flight.

3. happydays

Rear lights will flash yellow instead of green. Sat indicator in the app will go from blue to grey.

4. Beaugolfs

True, but at 1200 ft out the lights on the bird are hard to see. Also, another challenge for me is that I am color blind, so even if I see the lights it doesn't help me that much. Also, I don't always look at my app during flight, and when I do, it is just for a quick check on the camera angle of what I am filming. I just think it would be nice to have an audible alert (different from the low battery one) to know when my flight is more at risk. The only time I have ever happened to notice a drop in Sats was shortly after take off, and I landed immediately and waited for more Sats. I doubt it happens very often when up at altitude. In fact I usually pick up even more Sats. It would just be nice to know if it does.

5. andersonpaac

It'd definitely help if DJI could put in a suspend-able alarm for sat loss in flight

6. Helveticus

+1

Yep, this feature is really missing, I do not understand why it isn't part of the system !

An on screen notification when a successful "in flight home lock reset" (5 x S2) is performed would also be much appreciated !

7. andersonpaac

So true, it's also very easy to implement (code-wise)