DJI android app, what's running in the background?

Reaction score
I haven't opened the DJI app in two weeks, yet today I see in my battery stats that it consumed 16% of my battery usage in the past 10 hours! I didn't see any background options in the DJI settings, so I just used Greenify to hibernate it. Any ideas what it's doing?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

go app is a real battery killer that is why a lot of people just have a device just for flying cause if you have it on your phone battery gets drained fast

You can force stop it but the thing keeps starting back up.

Reactions: mcphipps
Greenify has helped, but it still manages to run on an unrooted Galaxy S7 edge. One has to wonder what the hell the GO app is doing in the background to use that much battery.

What about using shutapp
I use it when I run Go app and then want to run Litchi.
It's not free, but it is pretty cheap. Seems to work for me.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I just force close it on settings>Apps and it doesn't start on its own. After running Litchi I also force close Litchi in order to save battery.
By the way, I force close Facebook too :)

I just force close it on settings>Apps and it doesn't start on its own. After running Litchi I also force close Litchi in order to save battery.
By the way, I force close Facebook too :)
Check your battery stats. You may not even know it's running. I didn't open the app for 2 weeks and did several reboots during that time. Yet it was eating a substantial portion of my battery in the background.

What about using shutapp
I use it when I run Go app and then want to run Litchi.
It's not free, but it is pretty cheap. Seems to work for me.
Actually, for Android, it was/is free.

Check your battery stats. You may not even know it's running. I didn't open the app for 2 weeks and did several reboots during that time. Yet it was eating a substantial portion of my battery in the background.

Checked it and there's no sign of DJI or Litchi running in the background.

I use an Asus Zenfone 2 and it comes packed with an App that allows me to set if an App may or may not autostart. I guess that may be the reason why DJI doesn't autostart and doesn't drain battery when I'm not flying.

I must say that when I'm flying the bird discharges my phone's battery quickly. And the phone also gets hot...

Cheers

GPS, screen on all the time and, most of all (I guess), video decoding which gets CPU and GPU at top speed...
Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl