Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI 2 Vision+ and Nexus 7 tablet

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Baron LaCat, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Baron LaCat

Downloaded the DJI-Vision Android app onto my Samsung Note 3 smartphone. Works OK but difficult to see in bright sunlight.
    So I have purchased a Nexus 7 tablet and updated the firmware to Android 4.4.4
    Went to Play Store, but there is no DJI-Vision app to download. I have read many posts from folk who have success with the Nexus 7 and others that cannot download it onto the Nexus.
    I would appreciate some guidance with this issue. DJI Vision 2 is an awesome quadcopter, let down by the fact we cannot use a 7 inch tablet. (I have also tried a friend's Samsung tablet without success).

Do ANY of the 7 inch tablets on the market work with DJI ???
    Thanks in advance
    Baron

2. ilovecoffee

3. Baron LaCat

Thanks ilovecoffee. I am a complete noob at this, but I have downloaded a file called com.dji.vision.apk.
    So to the next step....How do I install it manually ?? Do I copy it across to the Nexus 7, and if so, into what folder ?

4. Panamon Creel

I had no problems getting the DJI Vision App from the Play store with my Nexus 7 that has the latest KitKat and there was no need to sideload it

5. ilovecoffee

I'd recommend downloading it directly from the browser on your device. Will make installing it easier. Or you will have to copy it over, launch the file browser on your device and simply click to open it.

6. Panamon Creel

7. Baron LaCat

Thanks guys.....finally got it working :D
    Really appreciate your help ilovecoffee.