Discounted offer from DJI for flyaway

Reaction score
After about a month of waiting for a response regarding a flyaway, DJI is offering me 30% off a new P3A. I've seen others around here getting a similar offer, but I'm wondering if anyone's tried counter offering them back and possibly getting more knocked off?

I've since bought another P3A, but I'm considering their offer anyway just to resell. I'm thinking it might be a pretty hot commodity the closer we get to Christmas.

My Phantom 3 Professional, has been so well behaved, I feel that I may still, or should owe @dji 30% more. . . Hahaha

Hope you guys with Phantom 3 issues, get it all sorted out, real soon, and back to flying.
The way it was meant to be, that's how I take it. All fun, & no funk.
Well, unless you add it to your music roster. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: bobmyers
I just got 50% off this week. They won't go below that. Simply politely reply back and thank them for 30% off. Let them know that the flyaway wasn't your fault, but you would buy immediately if they offered you 50% off.

They'll respond quickly how they were able to go to their supervisor, and get it approved but it's their final offer. 50% is they most they will do since the cost of parts is about $400.

Reactions: badbeerbreath
Every time the drone is flown, it creates a recorded file that actually represents pretty much everything that happened. When the flight data is reviewed, by the "team of tech's" the truth is all stored there. Even the stick motions and radio movements, if you walk around.

RedHotPoker

Every time the drone is flown, it creates a recorded file that actually represents pretty much everything that happened. When the flight data is reviewed, by the "team of tech's" the truth is all stored there. Even the stick motions and radio movements, if you walk around.

RedHotPoker

It's stored in the app? I thought it was stored on the bird! Is that accessible by us pilots?

Generally they might review your flight log. But to be completely honest I exaggerated what happened. They either didn't care, or didn't bother with the flight log. Besides the flight log shows it flying then stopping. If they had better analytics tools they would see it stopped before it ran out of battery. Not ready to write up my long story, but they didn't do investigate, they just offered the discounted because I was polite and a very safe pilot.

Reactions: afx
When I enter flight data mode in the app, it needs the bird to get info according to what I'm seeing. How do I see flight data without the bird?

What if I used somebody else's flight data and sent them the same, if the flight data has the serial number or any unique identifiers, do they check for redundant entries for claims? Sorry for the hi-jack on the thread. Im just wondering.

What if I used somebody else's flight data and sent them the same, if the flight data has the serial number or any unique identifiers, do they check for redundant entries for claims? Sorry for the hi-jack on the thread. Im just wondering.

So you want to steal?

Anyone can steal or take advantage of the discount if they DJI is not vigilant enough to check unique identifiers during investigation. All I am saying is I am pointing out the loop hole but I am not planning to steal either. I believe in karma. =)

Anyone can steal or take advantage of the discount if they DJI is not vigilant enough to check unique identifiers during investigation. All I am saying is I am pointing out the loop hole but I am not planning to steal either. I believe in karma. =)

Kinda like "how do you know if you have chlamydia? I'm asking for a friend, I swear!" [emoji6]

but they didn't do investigate, they just offered the discounted because I was polite and a very safe pilot.
Absolutely, they don't care about clients and just offer the replace. I wonder that same thing is with Inspire owners. Those guys pay $2-3k and when it flies away DJI has nothing to say. At least now there's a solution to prevent fly away, check the rc-01 module, it really helps to stop P3 even the signal with app is lost.
I think DJIhas some interest when you lose your device. You wanna buy a new one. :)

I don't think the "loop hole" is what you think it is.

I'll for warn anyone who is foolish enough to not tell the truth, or simply lie about what in fact did take place when making a claim with dji.

Your aircraft records a detailed flight log every time you fly and saves it to a microSD card on your aircraft. It also saves that very same detailed info on a cloud in the skypixel network. With the new controller setup this is likely taking place as you fly now. It's been brought up in the past but for whatever the reason they don't want you knowing about the cloud.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl