Disappointed with DJI customer service attitude

Reaction score
I am disappointed with DJI customer service attitude to towards customers yesterday I called DJI customer service because I'd have not received a email back for a warranty so I can send in my phantom three professional in for warranty repair because of a cracked frame at the rear motors.
The customer service individual who answered the phone told me that I must've done something wrong for the frame to crack because they do not crack under normal conditions.
Once I told him there's hundreds of hundreds cases on the Internet of crack frames he changed his attitude towards me a Little bit.
Which we all know that DJI cut corners and made the frames cheap either bad plastic or poor design and they crack easy which makes it dangerous to fly when cracks are present.
I think DJI should've have did a recall on all affected models and did a full replacement or they should extend all warranties on affected models of phantom threes that will crack.
If a fire arm manufacture made a rifle or pistol that cracked under normal use and could cause bodily harm or harm to the user or others or property they would be sued and put out of business or they would do a recall.
If a auto manufacture made a car or truck that would crack on the breaks or suspension or stirring during normal use and make the vehicle crash out of control they would be sued or they would do a Recall on affected models.
DJI makes a great product there is no other company that can compete with them I think they just tried to save some money on cost on the frames of the phantom three professional and went cheap on the plastic or the design shame on them.
Also I think DJI need to do better training on their customer service representative because those people are representing the company of DJI and when they make a bad impression to the customer that they do not care about the customer or servicing their product.
I'm not here complaining to ruffle any feathers's it's just how I feel that I was treated yesterday they need a still improve on their customer service and their product.
I wish the inspire one would have a longer flight time after I get my phantom three back from warranty repair I am going to sell my phantom and buy a inspire one I just with the flight time was longer.
At least the inspire one does not have cracking issues.

Yes this is a problem. I believe that after the initial production of the phantom 3 when it was first released they then looked at ways of cutting production costs and as a result started to use cheaper materials and processes in order to save money. I have one of the first Phantom 3's released and it feels a lot different to the newer models. Yes they should do a recall but that then admits to their being a problem and as such bad press, but if they had sense they could swing that around and make themselves look good by acting like they care about their customers and as such want to make sure all their Phantoms are ok.

It's such a shame when people post questions in forums relating to incidents with their drones for DJI staff to then delete those comments and act as though nothing has happened,

Welcome to the party. My p3p went crazy and ditched in an icy lake in the middle of nowhere and they said I could buy a new one from them for $700! Drone only, I might add. I submitted logs and video evidence then they told me to submit my logs AGAIN. No further response from them either.

I am disappointed with DJI customer service attitude to towards customers yesterday I called DJI customer service because I'd have not received a email back for a warranty so I can send in my phantom three professional in for warranty repair because of a cracked frame at the rear motors.
The customer service individual who answered the phone told me that I must've done something wrong for the frame to crack because they do not crack under normal conditions.
Once I told him there's hundreds of hundreds cases on the Internet of crack frames he changed his attitude towards me a Little bit.
Which we all know that DJI cut corners and made the frames cheap either bad plastic or poor design and they crack easy which makes it dangerous to fly when cracks are present.
I think DJI should've have did a recall on all affected models and did a full replacement or they should extend all warranties on affected models of phantom threes that will crack.
If a fire arm manufacture made a rifle or pistol that cracked under normal use and could cause bodily harm or harm to the user or others or property they would be sued and put out of business or they would do a recall.
If a auto manufacture made a car or truck that would crack on the breaks or suspension or stirring during normal use and make the vehicle crash out of control they would be sued or they would do a Recall on affected models.
DJI makes a great product there is no other company that can compete with them I think they just tried to save some money on cost on the frames of the phantom three professional and went cheap on the plastic or the design shame on them.
Also I think DJI need to do better training on their customer service representative because those people are representing the company of DJI and when they make a bad impression to the customer that they do not care about the customer or servicing their product.
I'm not here complaining to ruffle any feathers's it's just how I feel that I was treated yesterday they need a still improve on their customer service and their product.
I wish the inspire one would have a longer flight time after I get my phantom three back from warranty repair I am going to sell my phantom and buy a inspire one I just with the flight time was longer.
At least the inspire one does not have cracking issues.

Takata knew about their faulty airbag inflators back in 2004 and recalls didn't start until 2013 and it seems more and more automakers are recalling due to this airbag problem. Sometimes a "recall" takes a lot of time. DJI has been doing a pretty good job about stepping up their customer service. It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience with 1 bad employee, that is not indicative of the entire company though.

Although the inspire 1 flight time is shorter, it can fly a heck of a lot faster than the Phantom 3, so you might still have the same range of possibilities while filming.

Welcome to the party. My p3p went crazy and ditched in an icy lake in the middle of nowhere and they said I could buy a new one from them for $700! Drone only, I might add. I submitted logs and video evidence then they told me to submit my logs AGAIN. No further response from them either.
I would be hounding the crap out of them. Calls, emails, chat, every time I had a chance. Unrelated but I was wondering, are you a charter pilot for TacAir?

I think that since FAA now wants to regulate model aircraft, they should be forced to make DJI fix a known unsafe issue.

Other options are only months away ..... GoPro is coming out with a serious competitor, and I hear SONY is quietly working on a very advanced machine.
I wouldn't invest too deeply in DJI from this point forward; but give them credit .... they brought us all this far.

I am disappointed with DJI customer service ...
I think they just tried to save some money on cost on the frames of the phantom three professional and went cheap on the plastic or the design shame on them.
I do think that DJI has some manufacturing issues. Maybe due to the succes of the Phantom 3.
It took me 4 P3A's before I finally received a good one. The DJI support I received was very fast and professional.
They make the best drones (my) money can buy. I don't think they deliberately tried to save money on the plastic or the design such that it would degrade the lifetime.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl