Did a range test today

Reaction score
Did a range test today. Totally stock P3S with the 1.8.10 firmware. Got it our to 5100FT and brought it back. Didn't even think about this at that time but I should have pushed it on out another 180FT and went and even mile. I'm wanting push it out till I loose signal but I'm not sure if I will (I had to be close this flight anyway). Anyway here is a video of the range test and just some general flying around.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Rosey and Stach
Nice flight! Looks like your in a great area for flying.

Lunatech, I'm curious what you used to both record the screen of your phone/tablet and then what video editing software you used to do the PIP? I really like the overall effect of seeing both!

Lunatech, I'm curious what you used to both record the screen of your phone/tablet and then what video editing software you used to do the PIP? I really like the overall effect of seeing both!

I used AirShou for the screen capture. Just google search "airshou without jailbreak" to find out how to install on the IOS because I actually don't remember. Also for some reason the .MP4 file that AirShou made was not liked by my phone or ANY video editing software I used. Playback on my iPhone 7 was unwatchable and it kept locking up all my video editing software. I had to use a video converter program (Freemake Video Converter) to convert to .AVI before I could work with it. Not sure why but something to keep in mind and it's no big deal. I used Wondershare Filmora to do the PIP (free program). Glad you liked it.

Thanks for the info and I have been debating installing Vidyo, which sounds very similar to yours....but maybe it saves in a more compatible MP4 format.

Reactions: Lunatech
I pushed out to 1000 meters today and that's about as far as I need to go.... my video was starting to get choppy etc. Someday I may try to push out to a mile if the conditions are right

Thanks for the info and I have been debating installing Vidyo, which sounds very similar to yours....but maybe it saves in a more compatible MP4 format.
I'll check it out. Let me know if you install it and how it works.

I pushed out to 1000 meters today and that's about as far as I need to go.... my video was starting to get choppy etc. Someday I may try to push out to a mile if the conditions are right
I don't see me going out that far on a regular basis. Just wanted to see how far it will go.

I don't see me going out that far on a regular basis. Just wanted to see how far it will go.

roger that

I wouldnt mind finding out what my outer range is but like you, I'm not really going to use that much

I used AirShou for the screen capture. Just google search "airshou without jailbreak" to find out how to install on the IOS because I actually don't remember. Also for some reason the .MP4 file that AirShou made was not liked by my phone or ANY video editing software I used. Playback on my iPhone 7 was unwatchable and it kept locking up all my video editing software. I had to use a video converter program (Freemake Video Converter) to convert to .AVI before I could work with it. Not sure why but something to keep in mind and it's no big deal. I used Wondershare Filmora to do the PIP (free program). Glad you liked it.

I downloaded Airshou the other day but didnt install it because i wondred how safe it is?

What do you think?

A lot of people use AirShou. I installed it and it only worked for one day. What I understand is Apple keeps revoking their certificate so you have to wait for a new one. I installed it again but there is no record option now, only streaming broadcast. I'm still on the hunt for a working version with record. Wonder how everyone that uses it keeps theirs working???

A lot of people use AirShou. I installed it and it only worked for one day. What I understand is Apple keeps revoking their certificate so you have to wait for a new one. I installed it again but there is no record option now, only streaming broadcast. I'm still on the hunt for a working version with record. Wonder how everyone that uses it keeps theirs working???

I just checked to see if mine still worked and it does not. Didn't know about certificate issue. One more reason to like Android over Apple. This is my first apple product as I've always been an Android fan. Well I guess it's time to research more.

**EDIT**
I just deleted AirShou and reloaded it and it's working again (for now). I'll see how long it lasts this time.

Last edited:
Did a range test today. Totally stock P3S with the 1.8.10 firmware. Got it our to 5100FT and brought it back. Didn't even think about this at that time but I should have pushed it on out another 180FT and went and even mile. I'm wanting push it out till I loose signal but I'm not sure if I will (I had to be close this flight anyway). Anyway here is a video of the range test and just some general flying around.
Nice flight! Is that a relatively flat area? I cannot get past 1500ft without losing video and signal.

Nice flight! Is that a relatively flat area? I cannot get past 1500ft without losing video and signal.
Thanks. I live in the foothills of NC so it's not really flat but I was flying at around 250ft up.

Question: When creating a video with PIP, do you guys sync the screen recording to the video? How do you do this? Is it just a matter of guessing and make sure that when the video shows the bird taking off, the PIP picture shows altitude for example? Sorry if this is a stupid question but have never done anything like this before and it looks cool and would like to try it

Must be a good day to range test. I got over 8800 ft today.. bone stock .. Im very impressed with the p3s I have .
That's does seem hard to believe, over 2 1/2 times the range all stock? Not saying your telling a fish story, but could you please upload to HealthyDrones and share the link with us to see. Most have a hard time with 3280' (the spec range).

Great job, never got that far out back when my system was all stock. My best was around 1000 meters, I turned around that point being still very new at this. Kind of wish I didn't that day, everything was working so good. Just to see how far she would have gone.

That's does seem hard to believe, over 2 1/2 times the range all stock? Not saying your telling a fish story, but could you please upload to HealthyDrones and share the link with us to see. Most have a hard time with 3280' (the spec range).
I am very new to the drones. What would I upload? And believe it or not, after I posted that, I did 10300 ft today. And yes, its a standard, not an advanced or pro. I have no problem showing this, if I know how

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan