details of P3A death drop please guys :-)

Prop failure was mentioned as a possible cause. Do you just spin the props on when you install or do you take the time to make sure they are in tight. The props can come off due to fluctuations in the motor speed if they are not tight.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Neon,
Just email the correct log to a moderator and I'm sure they can upload it. Many here are wanting to help you out mate...
Thanks numone. I will give it one more shot tonight. I can see all the data on my PC but when I share it, it doesn't work for some odd reason. Now its been a few days I will try again. I guess its because I was so tired on the day and it was about 2am when I tried to upload the files I think

Prop failure was mentioned as a possible cause. Do you just spin the props on when you install or do you take the time to make sure they are in tight. The props can come off due to fluctuations in the motor speed if they are not tight.
I do indeed. I use the clamp that comes with it. It could be me doing a human error which I have no problems accepting that if that is the case. Its just not knowing that's getting to me Lol. But will give the DAT file another shot in later and see if I can get it up and loaded on here [emoji4]

I do indeed. I use the clamp that comes with it. It could be me doing a human error which I have no problems accepting that if that is the case. Its just not knowing that's getting to me Lol. But will give the DAT file another shot in later and see if I can get it up and loaded on here [emoji4]

The DAT file itself will be much too large to upload here - you will have to put it on Dropbox or Google Drive and then share the link.

The DAT file itself will be much too large to upload here - you will have to put it on Dropbox or Google Drive and then share the link.
creating it now. wish i done this at the start lol. never used dropbox and cant believe how easy it is. i will just put the whole DJI folder in there if thats ok as there are a few log flight files and log files. the crash was on

27/feb/2018 an the flight time was 2.47pm if that helps finding it a bit more easier :)

as soon as the link is created i will upload it

Reactions: sar104
also these if it helps

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-02-27_[13-37-16].txt
    764.6 KB · Views: 280
  • DJIFlightRecord_2018-02-27_[14-46-59].txt
    562.7 KB · Views: 251
if its still wrong somehow, would anyone mind doing screen shots and telling me step by step where to go from here as i would be so greatful
Screenshot (165).png

also these if it helps

These are the last two flights recorded in the DB set that you uploaded, both flown on Feb 27, and DJIFlightRecord_2018-02-27_[14-46-59].txt corresponds to the flight that you previously linked to in AirData. It ends quite abruptly at an altitude of 172 m, with no indication of any particular problems. Assuming that is the correct flight, presumably the downlink disconnected before the crash, because you have video from the aircraft of that event. Does the end of that track look like approximately the correct crash location? If the aircraft was disconnected when it fell then the only available data will be in the .DAT file on the aircraft itself.

screenshot110.jpg

These are the last two flights recorded in the DB set that you uploaded, both flown on Feb 27, and DJIFlightRecord_2018-02-27_[14-46-59].txt corresponds to the flight that you previously linked to in AirData. It ends quite abruptly at an altitude of 172 m, with no indication of any particular problems. Assuming that is the correct flight, presumably the downlink disconnected before the crash, because you have video from the aircraft of that event. Does the end of that track look like approximately the correct crash location? If the aircraft was disconnected when it fell then the only available data will be in the .DAT file on the aircraft itself.

View attachment 95779
Spot on. Thanks sar104. Here's the odd thing. The SD card recorded the footage of it falling, and yet stopped recording before it hit the ground. At first I thought it could be the battery cutting out causing it to fall, but then it wouldn't record as it fell so I am mystified on this. How was my stick inputs? Did I accidentally cut the motors? Sorry for asking as I know its a bit of a hassle but I would love to know if this will be human error which I will accept if it is

Spot on. Thanks sar104. Here's the odd thing. The SD card recorded the footage of it falling, and yet stopped recording before it hit the ground. At first I thought it could be the battery cutting out causing it to fall, but then it wouldn't record as it fell so I am mystified on this. How was my stick inputs? Did I accidentally cut the motors? Sorry for asking as I know its a bit of a hassle but I would love to know if this will be human error which I will accept if it is

There is no evidence in the log of any problematic stick inputs, and even a CS would not have stopped logging. Can you get the DAT fie off the aircraft? That will give the definitive answer.

i'm afraid not, its been shipped to DJI now, posted it 2 days ago. really appriciate you looking and glad to know it wasnt a CSC on my behalf. will be interesting on what DJI finds the fault to be. will def keep you posted. by the way what programme do you use to read the flight log? when i open it, it looks like eygytian writing lol

i'm afraid not, its been shipped to DJI now, posted it 2 days ago. really appriciate you looking and glad to know it wasnt a CSC on my behalf. will be interesting on what DJI finds the fault to be. will def keep you posted. by the way what programme do you use to read the flight log? when i open it, it looks like eygytian writing lol

[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

No wonder you crashed, seems you have no idea
A bit harsh methinks... Not everyone is across retrieving data from a device, and in this case the OP's drone, to your obvious satisfaction. The knowledgeable folk on here are walking the OP through the process as the answers will not only benefit him but others like me who believe it or not may actually learn something.

No wonder you crashed, seems you have no idea
ERM.... Would you like to actually think about what you said?

When it comes to flying for 18 months I have a perfectly good idea how it works

Since I don't crash on a regular basis I won't have any idea about the log files and how to retrieve them.

**** Crude image and comment removed****

Attachments

• 1520135333540.jpg
    1520135333540.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 278
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dayviduk
A bit harsh methinks... Not everyone is across retrieving data from a device, and in this case the OP's drone, to your obvious satisfaction. The knowledgeable folk on here are walking the OP through the process as the answers will not only benefit him but others like me who believe it or not may actually learn something.
Thanks tavek. Its sensible mature people like you that keeps this forum going and help people. I can't get the DAT file from the files easily I admit, esp as it was my first ever time, but I can rip down an electric unicycle blindfolded, switch out the wires, replace the battery, control board, calibrate the gyroscope, flash the firmware, unbolt the axels and put it back again in under 20 mins with no help, I done it on my first ever go with no training or guidance. [emoji4] just a matter of time before I can rip apart a phantom and do repairs like that too. Just haven't been able too as I don't need to rip open the drone to repair on a regular basis unlike some people on here Lol [emoji12]

Thanks tavek. Its sensible mature people like you that keeps this forum going and help people. I can't get the DAT file from the files easily I admit, esp as it was my first ever time, but I can rip down an electric unicycle blindfolded, switch out the wires, replace the battery, control board, calibrate the gyroscope, flash the firmware, unbolt the axels and put it back again in under 20 mins with no help, I done it on my first ever go with no training or guidance. [emoji4] just a matter of time before I can rip apart a phantom and do repairs like that too. Just haven't been able too as I don't need to rip open the drone to repair on a regular basis unlike some people on here Lol [emoji12]
I'm hearing you, my forte is riding super bikes with varying success and designing electrical reticulation systems in the underground mining environment. My knowledge with working with the varying data systems for DJI products is limited and I leverage off yours and others posts to understand how the gurus on this forum generate their data. Besides, I've been following your posts for quite some time now and enjoy your input, bothers me that those with 'clearly above average know how' drop a knee in now and then.

Hi tevek, always wanted a superbike but never got round to getting one, never got round to taking my driving test to be honest. But likewise when it comes to reading your replies. I always enjoy it when you, solentlife, numone, Sar104,mesinger and up with the birds are on here. Def all my fav pilots on here [emoji4]

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72