details of P3A death drop please guys :-)

just so i know for future is this what i need to do, to upload to phantom pilots?
Screenshot (160).png
Screenshot (161).png

Unfortunately the log doesn't show anything significant. All systems were reporting nominal until the log abruptly stops. That's usually indicative of sudden power failure - either the battery dislodged or one of the connections to the board broke. I don't think that the DAT files for the P3A report motor voltage, which is the only promptly recorded data stream that is fast enough (50 Hz) to record the voltage collapse in those situations, so there is probably no value to retrieving the DAT file. You could open it up and check the power connections to the board.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Unfortunately the log doesn't show anything significant. All systems were reporting nominal until the log abruptly stops. That's usually indicative of sudden power failure - either the battery dislodged or one of the connections to the board broke. I don't think that the DAT files for the P3A report motor voltage, which is the only promptly recorded data stream that is fast enough (50 Hz) to record the voltage collapse in those situations, so there is probably no value to retrieving the DAT file. You could open it up and check the power connections to the board.
Thank you sar104 for taking the time to explain to me how to upload and to also go through it. I really am not to sure what caused it. I think it may be the battery as it had bad cell readings. Just seems odd that it was compass error then it just fell from the sky

Thank you sar104 for taking the time to explain to me how to upload and to also go through it. I really am not to sure what caused it. I think it may be the battery as it had bad cell readings. Just seems odd that it was compass error then it just fell from the sky

I don't see any evidence of a compass error in the log. The battery cell data are also fine, at least for that flight.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Its really bizzare... This is the screen shot I took as it crashed. You can see the horizon in the background badly tilted
1519876332497.png

The other thing is, even tho it says signal lost on that screen shot, I know the battery didn't get disconnected as it was still turned on and bleeping as I found it 10 mins after the crash. And it recorded the crash pretty much all the way through on the SD card. Would love to see what DJI comes back with. Just as a last resort... Was my stick input OK? I didn't accidentally cut it out in mid air or anything did I? [emoji33]

Its really bizzare... This is the screen shot I took as it crashed. You can see the horizon in the background badly tilted View attachment 95673

Now I'm confused again. That screen shot is not consistent with the log (DJIFlightRecord_2018-02-21_[14-31-25].txt). The log indicates the maximum distance was 369 m and the maximum altitude was 133 m. And the crash itself was not recorded in that log.

DJIFlightRecord_2018-02-21_[14-31-25]_conv_01.png

OK - the AirData link that you posted above is to a different flight again which does look consistent with your screenshot and has some signal issues. Unfortunately you did not enable sharing of the log file, so it's still hard to diagnose.

.... I don't think that the DAT files for the P3A report motor voltage, which is the only promptly recorded data stream that is fast enough (50 Hz) to record the voltage collapse in those situations, so there is probably no value to retrieving the DAT file. .....
It's just the P3 Standard that doesn't have the motor data. The.DAT for the P3 Advanced and Pro will have the motor data.

Reactions: sar104
It's just the P3 Standard that doesn't have the motor data. The.DAT for the P3 Advanced and Pro will have the motor data.

I can never remember that, but good - in that case the DAT file will be useful. Based on the video posted in yet another thread on this incident, this was not power failure - it looked like motor failure or prop failure.

Hi guys. Posted all that I can. I have not got the slip to send it back. Will keep this post updated tho as to what DJI will do. But I bet I will have to pay. To be expected as its outside the warranty. However I won't pay more then £90 as that is what I got charged last time and the damage was a lot worse. This will be interesting to see.

If its pilot error I am more then happy to admit to it, and if that's the case and proven then I am happy to agree. As far as I know I didn't cut the motors off so I am putting it down to mechanical error. But hey.... I am ready to ship it back and see what happens [emoji4] but if anyone can try and extract my stick input from the data file I uploaded on here that would be awesome. Fly dawg has been a massive help, you all have [emoji4]

Hi guys. Posted all that I can. I have not got the slip to send it back. Will keep this post updated tho as to what DJI will do. But I bet I will have to pay. To be expected as its outside the warranty. However I won't pay more then £90 as that is what I got charged last time and the damage was a lot worse. This will be interesting to see.

If its pilot error I am more then happy to admit to it, and if that's the case and proven then I am happy to agree. As far as I know I didn't cut the motors off so I am putting it down to mechanical error. But hey.... I am ready to ship it back and see what happens [emoji4] but if anyone can try and extract my stick input from the data file I uploaded on here that would be awesome. Fly dawg has been a massive help, you all have [emoji4]

Unfortunately here is no way to get the stick inputs without either the original txt log, the converted CSV file from either PhantomHelp or AirData, or the DAT file. You must have the txt log because you uploaded it to AirData. And you can certainly download the converted CSV file from AirData, even though you did not grant shared users permission to do that. But without one of those options there is nothing more anyone here can do to help.

He's been asked several times in multiple threads to make the original log available and/or to grant permission in Air Data. Considering how many times he's been asked, at this point I think we can probably assume that he does not want to make the information available. We should respect that and move on.

Sorry Oso, I did try on multiple times to get the DAT uploaded but I am running into serious issues with it. For what it's worth I am happy for the thread to be closed. I sent it off to DJI a few hours ago by UPS so its now out of my hands. Will happily post what DJI found. Thanks for all the feedback and help from everyone [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

It's not closed, we can still post to it. ;)

Geez man,
I was going to ask you something yesterday but I kept finding more threads. :rolleyes:

Anyways looks like you gave up on the data thing.

Keep us up to date on one of your threads. :D

Rod

Reactions: Neon Euc and Oso

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72