Delivery, courtesy of my phantom!

Reaction score
My brother called me tonight and asked if I had and garlic salt he can borrow for his pizza..
Phantom to the rescue! Lol

He lives about 1200m away so I used some wire and made a loop on one end to fit around the camera lens and tied the garlic salt to the other end.. Flew over hovering at about 65m above his house and told him go outside into the driveway and look up.. Toggle the camera down and the loop slipped off the camera and down went the garlic salt into his driveway about 2 feet from where he was standing. To say he was impressed, would a huge understatement..lol

I read a post on here a couple weeks back that's suggested this to someone and i just had to try it out.. Boys and our toys. Heheh

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cool, but without the camera pointing down how did you know you were over his driveway or even his house? Just interested!!

I flew over in map mode, satellite view.
Also Put camera into fpv instead of follow mode so the gimbal stayed straight and I Got the c2 button set to flip the camera down. When i got over his house and he confirmed that I was in position I hit the c2 button, it flipped the camera to the down position and the wire loop slid right off the camera and away it went! Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtybum and yorlik
Nice story :)

I'm gonna try it when the oportunity shows

Probly with enough weight but it was just a small amount of garlic powder,, like 3 table spoons...I was more concerned about a seagull smelling and and trying to steal It on route...lol

Reactions: Sim597
Yeah - you guys with those wimpy skeletal P3 gimbals will have a tough time lifting any weight. That's okay. You can borrow my P2V. My gimbal will lift a cow. :D

header_Cow-flying.jpg

Doesn't that put a lot of stress on the gimbal? I would think you would get a gimbal overload error or something? JMHO
That's the first thing I thought about (although seeing I leave the stupid gimbal support on it almost EVERY time I start it is prolly much harder on it )

That's the first thing I thought about (although seeing I leave the stupid gimbal support on it almost EVERY time I start it is prolly much harder on it )

I do that too...

I do that too...
Thought about one of those "remove before flight" tags, (like the one on my winch on my rzr900)
And try and connect it the "saver"
Really it should b called gimbal killer...

Probly with enough weight but it was just a small amount of garlic powder,, like 3 table spoons...I was more concerned about a seagull smelling and and trying to steal It on route...lol

I've heard about birds attacking these drones, but dang, it would either be a brave smaller bird or if it was a large bird of prey, they could do some damage, now that I'm thinking about it I saw a video of a drone being attacked, lol so food or food stuff under one was a valid concern imo!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl