Defective P2V+?

Reaction score
I just received my gently used P2V+ from UPS. I opened the box, charged her all up (RE,RC, Lipo etc). I started the motors in my house no problems. I shut it down and power cycled and now she's not responding to the RC. She's flashing yellow, occasional 2 fast green, but all yellow. Her motors won't start. I hooked he up to the RC and Phantom assistant. It says she's in failsafe mode. Is she defective, it is it just something I should reset in software? Thanks guys for your help I'm scratching my head here lol

DavesMotorCity said:
I just received my gently used P2V+ from UPS. I opened the box, charged her all up (RE,RC, Lipo etc). I started the motors in my house no problems. I shut it down and power cycled and now she's not responding to the RC. She's flashing yellow, occasional 2 fast green, but all yellow. Her motors won't start. I hooked he up to the RC and Phantom assistant. It says she's in failsafe mode. Is she defective, it is it just something I should reset in software? Thanks guys for your help I'm scratching my head here lol

Calibrate your compass. It my help

See pg. 40 of the User Manual. As glimbento posted, sounds like your P2V+ was put into the calibrate compas mode (flipping S1 switch). Be sure to calibrate outside away from metallic objects (e.g. automobile). Good luck.

I would make sure that your switches are set correctly in the assistant software. Switch 1 should be up GPS middle ATTI down FAILSAFE. Are the switches both in the up position? Also check the batteries in the transmitter...are they new? Has to be something simple.

This should be a no brainer but make sure you have new batteries in the RC.

Assuming that the Phantom is still in the factory default "GPS MODE", flashing yellow is normal if you don't have a lock on 6 or more satellites. Rapid flashing green usually means that it has locked on at least 6 satellites. Going back to yellow means it no longer has a lock on 6 or more satellites. This is normal if you are inside a building.

it's flashing in the fail safe manner rapid yellow. Weird thing is sometimes it goes slow green, but only for maybe a minute. Than rapid yellow, fail safe. I hooked up to the PC and rc software. It's showing its in fail safe mode, than sometimes for a second it goes to gps, than back to fail safe. I had it in gps in my house for a minute with motors on, than it started flashing yellow again and motors went to high throttle. Had to pull the battery out. I tried to rebound the rc to the phantom by pressing the red flashing light on the bottom of phamtom. It did turn yellow, but wouldn't bind. This is weird, smells like a dud to me lol

The flashing yellow and flashing green is completely normal. If it has a "lock" on 6 or more satellites it will rapidly flash green then start slowly flashing green. It will then be in GPS mode because it has a lock on enough satellites to operate in GPS mode. If it drops down to below 6 satellites it doesn't have enough satellites to operate in GPS mode and it will start flashing yellow. Take it outside of your house with the props off... make sure it's a clear day and there are no building obstructions and test it outside. Once your phone app shows 6 or more satellites you will see that it will rapidly flash green (indicating it got a GPS lock) and then it will slowly flash green letting you know that it is in GPS mode with 6 or more satellites. You are wasting your time testing it indoors... there are too many obstructions to get a true GPS lock.

I just got my Phantom 2 and the first time I started one of the props spins intermittently. By that I mean it spins like normal, comes to a complete stop, starts back up again while the other three props run normally. Any ideas?

worn63 said:
I just got my Phantom 2 and the first time I started one of the props spins intermittently. By that I mean it spins like normal, comes to a complete stop, starts back up again while the other three props run normally. Any ideas?

Lose wire, cold solder joint, faulty ESC, faulty motor, defective flight controller. Those would be the things I would check in that order.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl