Dead Phantom 3 Pro

Reaction score
So I bought my first done in Sept . A phantom advanced, which I had a fly away, or just my bad flying. Either way it was gone. Back to the shop and came out with a refurbished phantom 3 pro. Had some great flights really enjoyed flying. I had my crashes, mostly my fault but a few were not cheap repairs, esp when I had to source my own gimbal and camera. This time was a bad one. Damaged esc, compass wires body, all before still having to try to rebuild a camera final assembly. So I'm not sure it's worth another repair. And I'm thinking of getting a mavic. Esp with dji dropping support for the phantom line. Anyone think dji will drop support too? Should I wait to see what else they release? Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

So I bought my first done in Sept . A phantom advanced, which I had a fly away, or just my bad flying. Either way it was gone. Back to the shop and came out with a refurbished phantom 3 pro. Had some great flights really enjoyed flying. I had my crashes, mostly my fault but a few were not cheap repairs, esp when I had to source my own gimbal and camera. This time was a bad one. Damaged esc, compass wires body, all before still having to try to rebuild a camera final assembly. So I'm not sure it's worth another repair. And I'm thinking of getting a mavic. Esp with dji dropping support for the phantom line. Anyone think dji will drop support too? Should I wait to see what else they release? Any thoughts?

Maybe flying drones isn't the best hobby for u..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Apilot101

based upon your flight history I would not worry about end of life cycle on the Phantoms so much..

Really though parts and support will be around for years
still can buy P1,P2, P3 etc and parts...

good luck and have fun flying!

Maybe flying drones isn't the best hobby for u..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I wouldn't say that. I broke my leg and hip on electric unicycles... Was it a bad hobby for me? Nope... Ended up with 6 of them and run my own club in London where we all meet up and ride. Never give up flying mate. Just be cautious and don't take risks and think ahead before you choose the flight path

Neon Euc

But really though, Why all the crashes? That should really be your main concern right now.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

One was just after getting it and getting use to the controls, accidently hit a bldg.
Second one I was flying as fast as I could around a baseball field just fooling around get use to fast speeds, when it flew right past me and I thought I had enough room to stop before the backdrop but I didn't.
And this last one was after having 3-4 great flights, being more careful, but still alil ballsy, and I clipped an almost invisible twig on a tree, and she went 90° to the left and landed hard approx 25 ft from where I was flying. The last one was the worst actually damaged the esc, compass, gimbal and camera, top and bottom shells, two motors, landing gear / antennas. I've had tons of great flights with no problems, and I really enjoy it. I like the size of the mavic pro. And obstical avoidance might be a benefit.

Reactions: JohnnyB
One was just after getting it and getting use to the controls, accidently hit a bldg.
Second one I was flying as fast as I could around a baseball field just fooling around get use to fast speeds, when it flew right past me and I thought I had enough room to stop before the backdrop but I didn't.
And this last one was after having 3-4 great flights, being more careful, but still alil ballsy, and I clipped an almost invisible twig on a tree, and she went 90° to the left and landed hard approx 25 ft from where I was flying. The last one was the worst actually damaged the esc, compass, gimbal and camera, top and bottom shells, two motors, landing gear / antennas. I've had tons of great flights with no problems, and I really enjoy it. I like the size of the mavic pro. And obstical avoidance might be a benefit.

order a used p1 or p2 without the camera and have a ball flying sports like.
fast and easy and cheaper when crashed.

that's what I did after crashing my first p2 vision plus way back
saw how easy to crash so I got a base unit to play with and use the plus for real video stuff

Reactions: N017RW and JohnnyB

At least your honest. To answer one of your original questions, as long as DJI is still selling phantom's... They should still support them.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen