Dbs mod question

Reaction score
Hello all just installed a Dbs mod and just wanted a little clarification. When hooking up wifi ports 2 and 3 does it matter which wifi connector it goes to in the controller? Does port 2 go to the bottom wifi connector and port 3 to the top wifi connector? Or vice versa ? Or does that matter ? Thanks for the help .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Port 2 & 3 are video and I chose to keep it like the stock arrangement was... I connected port 2 to the side that was the left micro panel, and port 3 to the side that was on the right.

IMG_2382.jpg

Thanks . But I'm not sure I am still understanding look at this pic . You have a bottom prong a middle and a top . I know the bottom is for port 1 but does it matter where port 2 or port 3 hooks up inside the controller? .
0e58f2586437fa16fb6e5f4ab3c6c66a.jpg

Thanks . But I'm not sure I am still understanding look at this pic . You have a bottom prong a middle and a top . I know the bottom is for port 1 but does it matter where port 2 or port 3 hooks up inside the controller? .
0e58f2586437fa16fb6e5f4ab3c6c66a.jpg

I have an ARGtek and not DBS, but i dont' think it matters which wifi go where. As long as the two wifi wires go to the WIFI module and you don't connect one to the 5.8 module you should be fine. Thats how i connected my ARGtek, I just made sure 5.8 wire was in the correct port and the other two did not matter.

Port 1 as you know is for the 5.8ghz th very bottom one inside your remote.

Port 2 and 3 on the dbs antenna does not matter which way around it's connected to the 2.4ghz inside your remote. They both do the same thing.

So to answer your question NO it does not matter on the middle and top UFl connections. Only the bottom one.

Darren

Reactions: Matts175
Exactly what Dazzuak said.

This is what the antenna looks like inside. The 2.4ghz share the same panel anyways. That's why it doesn't matter.

img_4277-jpg.48538

Reactions: Dazzauk
Ports two and three shouldn't be an issues, as long as they are connected to the 2.4 Ghz connectors

Exactly what Dazzuak said.

This is what the antenna looks like inside. The 2.4ghz share the same panel anyways. That's why it doesn't matter.

img_4277-jpg.48538
Is that the inside of your DBS, or a file you found online?

I Googled "DBS Mods what's inside" and then did some digging. There are other pictures too. Side view, etc.

Here's another:

6f011440dbba185d001f17c187d4ec62.jpg
So you're thinking the one that is diamond shape is for the wifi side?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

So you're thinking the one that is diamond shape is for the wifi side?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The dead give away is the 2 blobs of solder in the middle of it vs. the other one with only one blob in the middle. That sure looks like it perfectly lines up with "ports 2 + 3" on the back.

The dead give away is the 2 blobs of solder in the middle of it vs. the other one with only one blob in the middle. That sure looks like it perfectly lines up with "ports 2 + 3" on the back.
Just would have never thought the two wifi ports were connected to just one antenna panel inside, being the stock RC has two. Makes more sense now when some that have amp mods go with just one 2.4 GHz amp. Even though two worked better for me than just one.

Just would have never thought the two wifi ports were connected to just one antenna panel inside, being the stock RC has two. Makes more sense now when some that have amp mods go with just one 2.4 GHz amp. Even though two worked better for me than just one.

I think it's one panel, but it's split up some how.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl