Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DashWare with Windows 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ebfoxbat, May 17, 2015.

1. ebfoxbat

I just installed windows 10 on my Mac under bootcamp- solely for the purpose of running my P3 videos though DashWare.

It crashes when I try to export my project. I'm wondering if it's a problem with ffmpeg or the fact that it's 4k.

Doesn't anyone have DashWare working with Windows 10?

2. ebfoxbat

I got it working... turns out DashWare doesn't like 4k footage.

That said... I can't get it to output 23.976 fps to match the P3P at 4k... one thing at a time.

3. 2k3sgm

I have it working, seems just fine for me. However I'm not trying to work with 4K video, just 1080P.

4. Chris P Duck

Not working for me since I upgraded from 7 to 10.

Throws up an fmpeg error.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling DashWare, no joy :(

Any ideas? I'm only working with 1080

5. mohan

Is your video files recorded in MP4? Check the DJI settings as dash ware bombed out if I didn't record in mp4

6. Chris P Duck

Will check, ta

7. Forts

I've never, ever been able to get Dashware to work on any of my machines (XP, 7 & 8) so I thought I would give it a try on an upgraded Win10 machine. And low and behold it works! So excited to actually be able to play with this now. I was using RaceRender previously, which does a nice job, but the selection of gauges is quite limited.

8. kenjancef

Never heard of this software till now. I'm about to do an FPV setup on my P2 (Immersion 600, iOSD Mini, Black Pearl monitor). Would I be able to use DashWare with this setup??

9. fschilder

From another forum, apparently GoPro has stated that Dashware won't work with 4K and currently no plans to do it. I get the same FFMPEG issue ever since going to Windows 10. I can edit 4K in Dashware but can't create the video.

10. bbfpv

ffmpeg is supported natively in Windows 10, so if you're working with a Dashware that was installed prior to upgrading to Windows 10, it's quite possible the ffmpeg.exe included w/ Dashware is conflicting with the Windows 10 implementation. I would either a) uninstall Dashware completely (not just delete the folder) and do a fresh install, or b) download ffmpeg from the interwebs and copy ffmpeg.exe to the Dashware folder (overwriting the one already there).

Disclaimer: I have not tried this, do not have Windows 10, do not use Dashware. I am just a pretty technical dude.

11. Bryce

If your win7 works.... Well, just like iOS 9... Why do it unless there is a compelling reason? So many millions of lines of code to get just right, I'm surprised any of it works. God bless your efforts!!!